Chapter Three

You wipe the sweat off your forehead as you finish the last batch of garments for the day. You switch your sewing machine off and take the multiple pairs of pants you've been working on and turn it in to your superior.

"Not bad", he says. "But it could use a little work."

You walk home to your mother and father, both with solemn faces. You were exhausted enough as it is, and today was reaping day. You put on your best clothes and head off with your parents, wanting to hold their hands, but you thought that was wimpy.

You reach the center of town where you get in line to check yourself in. At the desks a sharp needle pricks your finger, but you don't flinch. You're used to getting poked on machinery all the time. You stand on the left side, where all the males are. You spot some friends from the factory, as well as your neighbor from the girl's side of the crowd. Effie Trinket walks out on stage, in a powder blue outift. You space out through her usual speech and video, until you hear-

"Hammil Algirdas."

You're stunned. Speechless. You didn't even hear who the female tribute was! You look up on stage. Uh oh. It's that really weird girl from elementary school. No one liked her because she was strange, and everyone knows she still is . The peacekeepers have to push you towards the stage, next to her. She looks unaffected, holding her hands in front of her and leaning back and forth, like she was waiting for the bus or something of the sort. No one volunteers for you, and you're not surprised. Effie tells you both to shake hands, and as you glumly raise your hand to shake hers, she quickly grabs yours into a bone-breaking grip. You let go and cradle your hand, trying not to look weak in front of a girl. A pair of peacekeepers escort you inside, your parents tearfully say goodbye and before you know it you're quickly pulled into the train towards the capitol.

-------------------------------

I know I know, boring boring plot plot get on with the interactive part! My favorite part about these is that I get to make my own decision and not watch the character do stupid things. But of course I need to make this a well rounded story. Well... Not exactly. The SECOND thing I like about these is that they're never too descriptive! So they're easier and quicker to make XD.

~KadenSchreave