Chapter Twenty-Nine

Faking a relationship seems like the only good option. It's reasonable, they're from the same district. And the lovey-dovey stuff always wins over the audience. But, Maizie? She's what you might call timid, which is an extreme understatement. She's always jittery and looked like the school building is going to blow up any second. No one in the village has ever seen her with a cool expression.

Well, what about the tribute parade? That makes no sense... Wait a minute. She must've been putting on an act. Probably so she would get the audience to like her! She's smarter than I thought...

"Well, we need a plan." You say. "Do you have any suggest-"

Before you can finish, Maizie grabs you and smacks her lips on yours. You pull back, astonished.

"That's not what I had in mind at the moment-"

"Sh! They can still hear us." Maizie whispers.

You nod. This isn't going to be a pleasurable experience, especially with no time to take a break. You wonder why she's even doing this, there's currently only four other tributes in the arena.

I would think she would've ditched me already. Or killed...

You've never been the greatest actor, but if it's necessary to survive, you would do your best.

Go to Chapter Thirty- Six