Chapter Six

You quickly rip apart the plans for the oval looking project and throw it away as your stylist walks in. He looks confused for a second, no doubt wondering where it went but shrugs.

"Now let's get you into your costume."

Your costume looks like an enormous mound of fabric, you needed your stylist's prep team to show you where the head and arm holes were. The oustide was various different pattered fabric pieces sewn together, while the inside was the neon green, for whatever reason. You thought you looked like an oversized bedsheet. You get on your carriage, ready to be humiliated and your stylist quickly runs up to you and Maizie.

"Make sure, when you're about halfway across the stadium, put on your hoods. Don't dare do it before, or else it will ruin the surprise!"

You didn't even realize that your costumes had hoods, it was just another fold in your costume. The horses run off, and it seems impossible to stay on, but luckily you do. Maizie, on the other hand, looks like she's been glued to the floor. You shield your eyes as you enter the stadium, blinding lights coming from everywhere. The audience applauses as Claudius Templesmith speaks.

"And here comes District 8... Which seems to be wearing a... Well, I'm not so sure."

"I'd call it Frankenstein Chic." Says Caesar Flickerman as Maizie nudges you in the side, reminding you to put up your hood.

You both put on your hood as the audience goes silent.

You look in a mirror close by, it seems like no one is in the carriage. The audience starts in collective gasps in awe.

"Where did they go?"

"I'm not sure, Caesar, it seems they disappeared in thin air."

Your carriage hits a bump and the hoods fall off, making yourself and Maizie visible agian and tearing the big mass of cloth off of your backs. Underneath was the same stitched pattern, but a much more stylish outfit. The audience erupts into cheers as your horses ride out of the stadium.

Go to Chapter Seven.