Chapter Twenty

You call for help, hopefully not calling for a death wish. As the tribute comes forward, you realize that it's Maizie! She grabs your arm and heaves you up easily. She asks to become allies. You're a little doubtful at first, but she's your best option that you know of, so you agree. You two find a place to take shelter in, a good place that seems almost invisible from most angles. You hunt and take care of food, while Maizie makes sure both of you are protected. You asked her once if she's killed anyone, but she doesn't answer. Two days go by, only 7 tributes are left, including yourself and Maizie. After staying in the same place for so long, it's getting harder to find food. Plants and animals are becoming scarce and you know you will need more food. You share this with Maizie and she proposes some options. Almost every Hunger Games there is a time where at the Cornucopia is something that each tribute needs. She explains it in deep detail, she knows a lot about it as if she enjoys watching it every year. She also explains that couples have a higher chance of receiving gifts from sponsors, but you take it as a last resort. You suggest moving to a different area and she says that a new shelter would have to be found.

If you wait for the Feast, go to Chapter Twenty-Seven
If you relocate, go to Chapter Twenty-Eight
If you try to fake a relationship, go to Chapter Twenty-Nine