Chapter Five

You grab the papers with the patches and rip it up, throwing it away. Your stylist walks in with a gasp.

"W-where did it go?! The plans, they're gone! I need them to finish your costume!"

He sighs glumly.

"I guess we'll have to go with your backup plan..."

You later find out that the "backup plan", were the ovals. You are stuffed into a white cylinder, which goes from your collarbone to your ankles. There's little room to walk and the arm holes are too small. The stylists begin to wrap green thread around the cylinder and you soon realize that the idea was to make you look like a spool of thread. You waddle to your carriage with Maizie already inside, herself wrapped in blue thread. You step in and hold on for your life as the horses start to trot out.

"Look at all of these magnificent costumes!" Cladius Templesmith exclaims.

"Ah, the costumes are my favorite part of the games, they are a beautiful representation of each district, and... What's that?" Caesar Flickerman points his pen towards a carriage. Your carriage.

Bursts of laughter come from every part of the audience, finding the costume tacky. However, Maizie seems to be laughing as well. Is she mad? She elbows you in the side, telling you to laugh with her. You go ahead and start smiling then leading to laughter. It easier the tension of the Hunger Games, you almost forgot what it was really about and set your mind at ease.

Go to Chapter Seven.