four

A day later, Dex stomped through Foxfire's hallways, wearing the typical grey uniform. He knew exactly who he was looking for.

"Hey, Wonderboy."

Fitz turned to see Dex reproaching him. He wondered if the strawberry blond knew.

"Ah, hi, Dex." He tried to play it off, but was caught off guard when the boy shoved him against the locker.

"Got anything to say for yourself?" Dex asked, and Fitz knew exactly what he was referring to.

"I don't know what you mean!" Fitz lied. "Get off of me!"

Dex shoved him harder, knocking the breath straight from Wonderboy's lungs.

"You know exactly what I mean, you CHEATER," Dex snapped.

People had begun to stare at the commotion. Fitz could hear them whispering to each other. What if this would ruin his reputation?

"You're hurting me, Dex! Get off!" He faked a pained expression.

Dex scowled, but it quickly dissipated when he realized that the people surrounding them were shooting him dirty looks.

Then, someone emerged from the crowd.

"Dex is telling the truth."

Keefe Sencen.

"Fitz Vacker cheated on Sophie Foster," He started, "With me."

Whispers. So many whispers.

"He's gay?"

"What in the Wattpad?"

"Holy shit!"

Keefe laughed a bitter and yet amused laugh. "So, Fitzy, what lies are you gonna blab out now? The same lies you told me about how I was the only one? Let's get out of here, Dex."

The blond grabbed Dex's wrist and walked away from the crowd with him.

Oh my god, is Keefe Sencen touching me? Was all Dex could think as he was dragged out of the crowded hallway and into a storage closet.

He knew that he shouldn't have been thinking such an insensitive thing, considering what had just happened—but this was Keefe Sencen! He had to be a little bit excited.

"Sorry about that," Keefe said.

"What? Oh, you're alright."

There was a pause.

Then, Keefe realized what had just happened.

"Did I really just tell everyone that I've..." He trailed off.

Dex hesitated before asking, "Do you like... need to talk about something?"

Keefe laughed nervously. "No, I'm fine, Dizznee! Trust me!"

Dex raised an eyebrow. "So why'd you bring us in here?"

Keefe's eyes widened. "Oh, right! Sorry, here..." He opened the door.

Dex walked away, giving an awkward wave.

Whispers. More whispers. It seemed like everyone was looking at him.

When he finally arrived at the math classroom, (which he usually dreaded as his father made him join in on a higher grade's class) he tried to be as silent as possible while walking inside. He hurried and sat down in his seat.

The bell rang a minute later and the teacher began the lesson. She looked as dead as Dex felt during that class, but maybe Keefe would make it better. Fat chance, though, as Keefe was not in class yet. He must have been late.

Dex fiddled with his pen and closed his eyes. This morning had been utterly chaotic, and he wondered what Sophie would think of him when she found out—that was, if she hadn't found out already. Would she be angry? Grateful? Disappointed? Dex rested his forehead on his arms.

Finally, the familiar blond boy appeared in the doorway, flashing his signature smirk.

"You're late," The teacher said.

"Yep," Keefe replied blatantly. He sat down in his seat.

The teacher didn't bother to do anything else but roll his eyes, and he continued teaching.

Dex peeked over his arms, which rested on the table, to look at Keefe. He was slouching and fidgeting with his pen instead of writing.

When the teacher told them to pair up, Dex wondered if Keefe really wanted to be in a group with him. What if he had been joking at the coffee shop? That would be so

"Hey, Dex."

Dex flinched and looked up immediately. Keefe stood there tensely.

"Oh, hey."

"Wanna be partners?"

"Sure."

But not that kind of partner, Dex thought.

Keefe pulled his chair over and sat beside Dex. Unfortunately, Keefe did not understand the assignment, and so Dex did most of the work until class was finally dismissed.

"Hey, do you wanna skip with me?" Keefe asked.

Dex thought for a moment. He usually wasn't the type to skip, but this was Keefe Sencen!

"Sure, why not?" He finally said.

"Great!" Keefe grabbed his wrist, pulling him out of the building and into the courtyard.

"I forgot this place existed," Dex said.

"You're missing out, then!" Keefe exclaimed. He brought Dex over to one of the plant boxes and sat behind a bush, inviting Dex to follow him.

Dex did so reluctantly, scratching his hand on the bush as he stepped over it. He inhaled sharply.

"Yikes," Was all that Keefe said.

"It's fine, I've endured much worse." Dex wiped the small amount of blood on his black jeans.

"You should skip more often, it's lonely out here!" Keefe said.

"Maybe I will," Dex replied.

Keefe sighed in relaxation and leaned against the wall, closing his eyes.

"So, about earlier..." Dex started, hesitating.

Keefe's eyes snapped open, but he waited for Dex to continue.

"I'm not judging you or anything. I'm bisexual myself," Dex said.

Keefe grinned. "For real?"

Dex blushed. "Yeah..."

"That's so cool! I don't use labels a whole ton, but I think that omni works best for me," Keefe said.

Dex smiled, and they both leaned against the wall once again in comfortable silence.

Maybe Dex had a chance. That was... if Keefe did not get scared away by Dex's other secret.

~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~

CINNAMON FLOWERS

WRITTEN BY JULEMITY

INSTAGRAM: @rosyblight

PINTEREST: @childofthespore

PICSART: @deathofjules

Omnisexual Keefe real. Also, I posted a day late again noooo 😭