seven

It started with Keefe's absence at school. Math class was boring without him; the day went incredibly slowly. Dex texted him asking where he was after school that day, getting no response.

He decided to check the coffee shop in case Keefe was working. On his way there, he checked to see if he had received a response to his text message. No response.

He arrived at the shop and walked inside, approaching a cashier with brown and pink hair.

"Is Keefe here today?" He asked.

"Keefe? Nah," the boy at the counter said. His blue eyes seemed to stare into Dex's soul from their sheer brightness.

"Alright, thanks anyway."

Dex wondered where Keefe could be. He left the shop and decided to see if he was at home.

On his way there, he decided to examine the trees. He could see leaves on the ground in a variety of warm shades and hues. He was going to miss the vibrant colors and cool weather.

He arrived at Keefe's house, which stood much taller than his own. This was strange, considering Dex lived just down the street. Keefe's house had a dark feeling to it, which intimidated Dex. He knocked on the door.

"Hello?" Keefe's father opened the door.

"Hello, Mr. Sencen. Is Keefe here?" Dex felt cold under the man's stare.

"No, I'm afraid not," he answered.

"Oh. Do you know if something happened to him?"

"He does not matter any longer. I will not have a gay son."

Dex froze. He didn't bother trying to correct Keefe's father, because now he knew what had happened.

"Oh, I see. Thanks."

Dex walked away as soon as the door closed. He needed to find Keefe.

First, he decided to check the roller rink. He did not enjoy the sight of leaves this time, as his mind was overtaken by his worries.

Is he hurt?

Where is he?

Please let him be safe.

Dex arrived at the roller rink. He walked inside and asked the worker, to no avail. He checked around the building, still not finding any trace of him.

He wondered if Keefe had any friends that he could have gone to. He was no longer friends with Fitz, so he would not have gone to his house. Dex sighed, having no clue as to where his friend could have gone.

Then, he remembered another place.

How had he not realized it before?

He knew where to go.

~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~

CINNAMON FLOWERS

WRITTEN BY QFFECTIONATE

INSTAGRAM: @rosyblight

PINTEREST: @childofthespore

PICSART: @deathofjules

Short chapter again. My excuse for this time is that chapters 7 and 8 were originally gonna be the same chapter. I'm so tired, oh heck.