nine

"You're leaving?"

Dex stood in the frame of his front door. Keefe was standing in front of him, the wind rustling his roguishly styled hair that Dex would miss so much.

"Yep," Keefe admitted, "Gotta go and live with my grandmother, who I've never met in my whole life."

"But it's so far away."

"It's not too bad if you think about it."

Dex's eyes stung. "When are you going to visit?"

Keefe seemed to notice the break in Dex's voice, because he placed a hand on his shoulder and said, "Soon enough, Dizznee. Soon enough."

Dex pulled him into a hug, which he hadn't expected. After he processed the moment, he returned the hug fondly. He noticed that Dex smelled of cinnamon and flowers.

At that moment, Dex realized something. If Keefe left before he had a chance to say how he felt, there was a possibility that he would never get that chance. He had to tell him now, before he was gone for who knows how long.

"Keefe, I..."

Keefe pulled back slightly, listening to what Dex had to say.

"I don't know how to say this. You... I like you. A lot. Seeing you leave breaks my heart, and..." He swallowed the lump in his throat, failing to suppress his breaking voice, "I wanna be with you."

Dex wasn't sure what he had expected, but Keefe's cheeks turned red and he began to mess with his hair. This was unusual of him, considering his usual teasing demeanor.

"You mean that?" Keefe finally asked.

"Mhm," Dex mumbled.

"Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?" Keefe raised an eyebrow, his signature smirk etched on his face.

"What?! No! Maybe. Yes," Dex admitted.

"Are you sure? I'm leaving next week." Keefe looked right into Dex's eyes with the softest gaze that he'd ever seen in him.

"You're everything to me, I don't know what I'd do without you. Please, Keefe," Dex pleaded.

Keefe laughed, but it sounded more like a sigh of relief. "Of course, Dizznee. I would really like that."

✰ ✰ ✰

It had been six days since then. Dex had brought Keefe, his new boyfriend, for a walk.

He still could not believe that this had happened. This amazing boy actually liked him back.

It was a good distraction.

"It's cold out here," Keefe complained.

"Let's go get coffee, then. Shall we?" Dex asked.

Keefe grinned and followed Dex's lead. They went to the coffee shop and ordered themselves drinks to warm up.

"Can we stay here? It's so much warmer," Keefe said.

Dex laughed. "Sure."

They sat at a table with their drinks and spoke to each other. Dex wasn't entirely listening to what Keefe was saying, as his eyes were so mesmerizing.

"You there, Dizznee?" Keefe asked.

"Yeah, sorry," Dex said, his face heating up.

"Wanna get outta here now?" He gestured to the glass doors of the cafe.

"Sure, let's go," Dex said.

They left the cafe and continued walking. Dex hesitated before gently placing his hand in Keefe's, giving him the option to pull away. However, Keefe entwined their fingers, bringing a smile to Dex's face.

✰ ✰ ✰

This was it. The day that Keefe had to leave.

Dex wasn't sure what to say. It wasn't like they'd be out of touch, but things would be different. The airport, which they were currently standing in, would be the last place Dex would see Keefe before he went away.

"I'm gonna miss you," was what he decided to tell him.

"Don't worry, Dizznee, I'll call you every day," Keefe assured him.

Dex couldn't stop himself from letting out a sob. He pulled Keefe into a hug, his tears rapidly spilling onto the blond's chest.

Keefe immediately returned the hug, holding on to his boyfriend as tightly as possible. He even spilled a few tears of his own before whispering, "I'm sorry."

Dex couldn't respond through his tears. He didn't even manage to hear the speaker announce Keefe's flight. It all felt like a blur to him, but he could recall Keefe kissing his head before running through the gate.

All he did was stand there. He did not make an attempt to suppress his tears, either. He wasn't sure how long he stood there for, but after a while, he walked out of the airport and into his mom's car, getting further from Keefe by the moment. He would miss him, but he also knew that he would be fine. Keefe would visit him, and maybe he would even visit Keefe. It would work out, just as everything else had worked out between the two. That was enough.

~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~. * ✾ * .~

CINNAMON FLOWERS

WRITTEN BY QFFECTIONATE

INSTAGRAM: @rosyblight

PINTEREST: @childofthespore

PICSART: @deathofjules

Thank you for reading my short little fanfic about my two fav elves. It could definitely be better, I will admit, but I do hope that you enjoyed it. Until next time.

-xoxo, Jules

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒 || 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐗ִֶָ 𓂃⊹ ִֶָ 🎉