Marvel's Descendants

Based on Marvel and Sirius XM's podcast, "Marvel's Wastelanders".

Warning: This story shall contain strong language and adult themes, and will be intended for a mature audience. Reader discretion is advised.

Book 1: Son of Star-Lord

In a post-apocalyptic future, Marvel's Descendants: Son of Star-Lord finds Jason Quill, son of Peter Quill and Gamora, and Rocket, who is a little paunchier, a little slower, and a lot saltier than his glory days as a Guardian of the Galaxy. They quickly discover the Earth isn't what it used to be 10 years after all the world's super villains had won, killed the heroes, and seized control of the planet. The son of the deceased Guardians and his "Uncle Rocket" are accompanied by a Rigellian Recorder, affectionately dubbed "Cora", who documents their mission to find the Black Vortex -- an ancient relic reported to yield cosmic powers -- before guillotine collars bestowed upon them by The Collector snap their necks. In the barren, desolate wasteland of the mid-west as controlled by Doctor Doom, they encounter the ageless telepath, Emma Frost, outlaw Ghost Riders, and the bloodthirsty Kraven the Hunter. Who will find the Black Vortex first and what will be the price of its power?

Book 2: Daughter of Hawkeye

Ten years ago, the villains of the world rose up and killed all the heroes. But their children remain at large. The sole survivor of the Avengers, Cara Barton, descendant of Hawkeye, hides herself a sideshow freak, re-living the worst day of her life for paying audiences. She's surly, broken, and lost her sight, but the fire to be a hero that was in her father was passed down to her, to avenge her father and his friends. And she's ready to do what needs to be done: killing every last person responsible for the deaths of those she loved the most.

When the Brotherhood Traveling Circus, Carnival, and Ringmaster's Road Show arrives at the Kingdom (in the territory formerly known as the southwest desert), Cara gets an unexpected visitor, her estranged 12-year-old sister Ash. On her own mission after losing her best friend, Ash insists on following Cara on her secret mission. In a world without heroes, Ash and Cara learn what a true hero can be.

Book 3: Daughter of Black Widow

Almost 10 years after The Day the Villains Won (aka V-Day), a girl named Helen Black arrives at her new apartment in The Onar, a 161-story apartment complex in what used to be Midtown Manhattan. Owned and operated by S.H.I.E.L.D., The Onar has become the very embodiment of the dystopic wealth and inequality that's engulfed New York City ever since V-Day. A collection of uber-rich families -- including the media magnate Burge family -- occupy the opulent penthouse in the DecaDomes, The Onar's highest ten stories. Helen Black's apartment is located in the much more humble "100 Block". When her noisy neighbor Dr. Brian Mizuno asks Helen (through the paper thin walls) what brought her here, she cryptically alludes to "problems with an ex...".

On the same day that Helen moves into her apartment, Lisa Cartwright reports for her first day as a Junior Residential Security Analyst for Panopticog Solutions, a private security company hired by S.H.I.E.L.D. to monitor the residents of The Onar (without their knowledge or consent). Lisa is assigned to surveille Helen's corner of the 100 Block, and quickly discovers that Helen Black is not who she says she is.

Book 4: Son of Wolverine

Ten years ago, Super Villains won. After killing the Avengers, the X-Men, and nearly every other Super Hero, the Red Skull assumed the office of President of the United States. Since that day, a traumatized Luke, clone and adopted son of X-Man Wolverine, has wandered in a daze of survivor's guilt and self-loathing over his failure to protect the X-Men and his fellow mutant students.

Luke encounters Sofia, a young mutant in hiding, and vows to transport her into the safe hands of estranged former X-Men Kitty Pryde and Rachel Summers. When the Red Skull and his top lieutenant Crossbones frame Luke and escalate anti-mutant sentiment to dangerous new levels, our hero realizes that his only option may be to face Red Skull and his allies head on. But a shocking, terrible truth may destroy Luke first...

Book 5: Doom

After ten years of imprisonment, Doctor Doom has freed himself and seeks revenge on the former allies who betrayed him on The Day the Villains Won. To achieve this, he teams up with Valeria Richards, the daughter of his most hated enemy, Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four – but whose side is she really on?

Book 6: New Avengers

The son of Wolverine, daughter of Black Widow, son of Star-Lord, daughter of Hawkeye, and Doctor Doom will team up to stop Valeria Richards. She is the smartest woman on Earth, immortal and lonely beyond reason. After surviving a rain of nuclear missiles in Southern California and gaining possession of the reality warping Cosmic Cube, she was driven to the brink of madness. Something mysterious is unfolding in this irradiated "Dead Zone" and it's up to our heroes to find out what, and to stop Valeria from committing an act of ultimate evil.