Cross paths?

Amukelani's POV

"Khwawungincedise ngokuguga umthwalo womntwanakho." I say. (Come help me carry this.) We take the baskets filled with party packs and take them to his car. We brought them when we landed yesterday and spent the night packaging them so to say I'm tired would be an understatement. Ngapha I still have to go to court. He opens the boot and we put the stuff inside.

I go back inside and i take my bags and Sino's bag. "Sino let's go." I shout and i hear her footsteps coming from the living room to the kitchen. "Let's go otherwise we'll be late." She enterwines her hand with mines and we leave. I buckle her in her carseat and put the bags on the seat next to her. I get inside the car and Sthembiso brings the ignition to life and drives off.

Well Sino wanted us to travel together and luckily he is not going to work so he will be dropping us off. Isn't it nice doing whatever the child asks you to do, yeah right. "Mamá can you play Moana songs." she says and i connect my phone to the radio and go to her playlist and play her song request. I feel my eyes become droppy and i try to close them but I'm interuppeted by Sthembiso.

"If you sleep nami ngizolala." he says and i roll my eyes. (I will also sleep.) "Sthembiso ngikhathele. Just look at how big my eye bags are." I say. "But you did a good job at minimizing them with the make up." "Just two seconds please." "Nami ngizolala ngiserious." "Uyadika." "Uzoba strong but if you fall asleep I'll fall asleep too and we can't have that."

We eventually get to Sino's school and i get out of the car and i unbuckle her from her carseat and take her school bag. Her dad opens the boot and i take one basket and she holds her school bag. We head inside and go to her class. All her classmates follow us inside. "Mam it's Sino's birthday." says Lebone. "Yes it is we will sing for her later on. How are the parents?" she asks.

"We doing okay and you." I answer. "I'm good. Happy birthday Sino." she says and Sino giggles. "Thank you Ms. Sierra." She puts her bag in the locker and runs off to go play with her friends. "I'll take these from you." She takes the basket and the teacher assistant takes the other one and we bid our farewells and leave.

I get inside the car and sigh. He brings the ignition to life and drives off. "I don't know why you won't let me sleep. At least uzobuyela endlini uphinde ulale mina ngisayo sebenza emini yonke." I say. (you will go back home and sleep I'm still going to work.) "Sizolala sobabili ngichayise ke mina." he says. (We will sleep together and I'll crash the car.) "Umona wakho umuntu angafunga ukuthi angeke ulale." He chuckles. (Your jealousy one would swear you won't sleep.)

"Lala ke." he says. "There is no point because we almost at work." I say. "Angazi ukuthi ufunani ngoba I just gave you an opportunity to sleep but you don't take it." (I don't know what you want.) "Mxm uyabora yazi." He chuckles. I rest my head on the window and close my eyes. We arrive at work after thirty minutes and i take my bags from the back seat. "Call me then when you done."

"You still want to fetch me?" I ask. "Those were the instructions I received from your daughter." he answers and i chuckle. "We shouldn't have agreed you know." "And then have her cry the whole night. No thank you." I chuckle. "Hlaba nge alchophyllix alale." He laughs. (Give her alchophyllix and she will sleep.) "That's illegal and it's not like she's sick." "She is sick because she wants us to be riding together." He chuckles.