Chapter 6 - Shopping center scare

Ace walked across the hall and leaned up against the glass of the store across the way and watched her walk slowly around the store. He saw her looking at the sexy strapless push up bras and when she took a black one down, he had to adjust the front of his jeans without looking too obvious and then she headed for the dressing room.

Ace could just imagine her taking off her shirt and bra and trying on the sexy garment and he moaned, adjusted his stance again then glanced down to make sure it wasn't showing too badly. When he looked back up, he saw her coming out of the dressing room and started looking at some of the lacy panties on display. She chose the one she wanted and then began looking at negligees and teddies.

"Oh lord, is she trying to kill me here?" He thought to himself and forced himself to look away before he embarrassed himself. When he glanced down towards the food court, his stomach jumped into his mouth as he saw several old rival bikers walking towards the food court. Thankfully they hadn't seen him yet, as he picked up the bags of Dot's shoes and her dress from where he had dropped them by his feet. He slowly slid down the wall a few feet and stepped back into the recess of the store's doorway.

As soon as he was hidden from their view he tried to remember a way out of the mall without having to pass the food court. He looked up and through the window and saw that Dot was heading to the cashier, thank goodness. She wasn't wearing a cut so they wouldn't know who she was but she was still beautiful enough that she would more than likely attract their attention. He had to think of a way to get them out of the mall before they were spotted.

There were five of them that he had seen so far but it was only him. He didn't dare pull his gun in the mall because the danger of a civilian getting hit by a stray bullet was just too great. Damn! Prez was going to have a field day on him for not only not reporting earlier but for coming here alone with Dot. He should have worn his plain coat instead of his leather jacket that displayed the club's colors.

Dot spotted Ace acting strangely as he slid down the wall and ducked into the recessed doorway of the store across the way. She had been going to try on a teddy that she had found but decided to wait. She had the bra and panties she wanted so she headed for the cashier and quickly paid for her items. Hell, her lingerie ended up costing her more than the dress had.

She hurried to leave the store and was surprised by the look of relief on Ace's face when he saw her coming and waved at her to hurry to him. As soon as she got close to him, he reached out and pulled her into the doorway.

"Do you remember if the directory showed if there is a stairway or elevator on this end of the mall?" Ace asked.

"I'm pretty sure that there has to be. I think it would be a fire hazard not to have a way for customers to leave this level in case of an emergency. Why?" Dot asked, wondering why he was acting so strange. Was he having a PTSD episode?

"There are a bunch of bikers from a rival gang in the food court. If we walk past them, they are going to follow us to where they can attack us without so many witnesses." Ace said. "They are not ones I want to take on by myself."

"What if you take off your jacket and just walk by in your t-shirt?" Dot asked.

"Look at everyone in the mall. Everyone is wearing a coat or a jacket. I would stand out even more in just a t-shirt." Ace said.

"So buy yourself another jacket without your club patch on it. You are standing in front of a store that sells them." Dot said, pointing to the mannequin in the store window that had a male mannequin wearing an outfit that looked like he was going snow skiing. He had been so focused on the bikers that he had not even been paying attention to the display of men's clothing in the window.