Chapter 18 - Heather & Spokes, getting to know each other

Heather was pleasantly surprised at Spokes room. He had painted it differently from the other rooms in the clubhouse. The walls were a nice light tan except for one, which was painted a coffee with light cream color.

The carpet had also been removed and the beautiful hardwood floor had been exposed, stained a dark rich color with a clear high shine finish. Spokes had large plush area rugs on either side of the Alaskan king size sleigh bed as well as at the foot of the bed where there was a tuck and roll leather chaise bench that had storage underneath. The curtains were dark brown velvet and the comforter on the bed was brown and tan suede.

Swing arm wall sconce lamps were mounted on either side of the head of the bed and there were two beautiful bedside tables on either side. Across from the foot of his bed was a large armoire that housed his TV and stereo equipment.

His seating area was all done in dark brown leather but he had a knitted throw that his mom had made tossed over one arm of the sofa along with some soft looking throw pillows gracing each end. His coffee table was an old steamer trunk that sat between the sofa that faced two large recliners. There was a beautiful standing lamp with a Tiffany lamp shade standing out of harm's way at the end of the sofa. That was something else he had saved from his mom.

"Oh, I like your room! This is really nice!" Heather said, as she stood looking around.

"Do you think you will be happy staying here?" Spokes asked softly as he stood watching her.

"I would be happy anywhere you are." Heather said honestly, as she turned to face him. Hell, if being with him had meant that she'd had to stay at her old apartment, she would have stayed there just to be with him.

Heather took a big breath and said "Can we sit down and talk?"

"Sure. Just let me use the bathroom first. Go ahead and have a seat. I'll be right back." Spokes told her as he hurried over to the bathroom.

Spokes hurried and took care of business then rejoined Heather, who was standing in front of the windows looking out at the back yard. "You even have a nice view from here." Heather said, when he came to stand behind her.

"Heather, I've got so much I want to talk to you about and I hate that I'm going to have to leave you soon to go to Thor's party but I can't just skip it. Thor and I have been friends for too long for me to disrespect him like that." Spokes said, as he put his hands on her waist.

"I understand. So much has happened so fast in the past couple of days. We don't have to make any life changing decisions right now.

I'm not usually very outspoken, Spokes, but I feel like we need to be very frank with each other so that there are no misunderstandings or miscommunications later on. Do you agree?" Heather said, finding it easier to not be looking straight on at him since every time she did, his incredible good looks had her wanting to say to hell with any consequences and just tell him to take her to bed.

"Yes. I want us to always be open and honest with each other and to know that we can tell each other anything. I want us to be true partners in every sense of the word. I just hate that we are feeling so rushed.

I know what I want with you, Heather. But I don't want you to feel like you don't have a choice or that you are being rushed or pushed into something you are not sure you are ready for.

Promise me that if that is what you are feeling, you will tell me? I've just waited for you for so long and now that I've finally found you, I guess I'm a bit impatient. I'm afraid that if I wait too long, one of the other brothers will take it into his head that he has the right to lay claim to you." Spokes said.