Chapter 1: Claw Noir

In the alternate world, Claw Noir was having an extremely bad day. Worse than normal. As in, there might be catastrophic damage done to the city of Paris, especially that damned Eiffel Tower. Shadybug had apparently decided it'd be a genius idea to trap him up on the top of that said tower and he was still stuck there, and unfortunately, it had been already four hours, and he could've sworn the sun was rising. He hadn't used his cataclysm yet, but it was growing more and more tempting, so much so that his hand was shaking. Anger seared through his purple eyes, as he shifted his weight from foot to foot, then with a deep sigh, he leaned his head against the jagged metal pole he was tied to. Sure enough, his gut feeling was right, the sun was indeed rising and still no sign of Shadybug. He clenched his fists and glowered down at her damned lucky charm rope strapping him to the tower. He jerked hard against the ropes, hoping to strain them. They barely gave at all. His ears flicked, listening for any footsteps coming to save him. None. His stomach abruptly gave off a rumble and he startled. Claw hadn't registered that he hadn't eaten since lunch, due to Shadybug's evil plan to make yesterday National Torture Claw Noir Day. With a groan, and a thought of pure dark anger towards Shadybug for her prediction that he would use his power to escape, called up his cataclysm. His hand cataclysmed the rope and he staggered forward, nearly falling straight off.

"Ah. So I was right, Claw, you did use your power to escape," Shadybug chuckled from behind him. He nearly fell off again as he whirled around, already beyond controlling his tone with her. She was leaning very casually on the railing, spinning her powerful yo-yo casually, an eyebrow raised in smug triumph.

"How long have you been standing there?" he snapped back.

"Long enough," she said with a smirk. Claw clenched his fists and shot her what he assumed was a menacing glare. The amusement on her face showed him that she was not fazed by his pathetic attempts to scare her.

"You f-"

"Don't even go there. I told you I would free you when it was time, you instead used your power to escape."

He arched an eyebrow.

"Oh really? How was I to know you hadn't forgotten me?"

She laughed.

"Oh, when my lucky charm vanished."

He gritted his teeth. He had forgotten about that. When she de-transformed, her rope would've vanished and she would've de-transformed a while ago if she had forgotten. In his anger and in his impatience, he had forgotten that part, and he hated her so much in that moment that his whole entire body started shaking. She merely raised an eyebrow.

"You will pay for that cocky confidence, Shady," he snapped at her angrily, leaning in a bit close. Shadybug leaned back and shrugged off his comment.

"Whatever. Your evil plans always fail anyway. Why do you think you're just the sidekick? Come on, let's go back before we de-transform ourselves and kill each other."

Claw Noir gave her a powerful glower then stalked off towards the elevator. She laughed behind him.

"Aw, what a cute kitten, he can't even show the claws that lie underneath his other claws," she sneered. He whirled around and shoved her. Shadybug staggered and then regained her balance. With that, she kicked him straight off the Eiffel Tower. He swore as he fell and quickly grabbed his all-in-one baton and extended it to latch onto the tower, then swung himself onto one of the lower levels of the Eiffel Tower. Shadybug was already waiting for him, a smirk wrote onto her features.

"Well, well, good reflexes," she said in an amused tone. He shot her another glower.

"What the hell do you want now, Shady?" he snapped.