Chapter 3: Shadybug

Shadybug was sulking as she paced the length of the Eiffel Tower's second level. It had been a rough day, trying to convince all of the students that yes, she was Marinette, and no, she was not nice whatsoever. And Claw-well, Adrien in this case, had done absolutely nothing to help, and the idiot was getting thrown off the Eiffel Tower the next time she got a chance. She knew better than to be in the open given the current superheroes here knew they were here, but she needed to let off steam before she interacted with Claw Noire again. Otherwise, she wouldn't be blamed for the catastrophic results. Wait. Shadybug halted. Had she just literally almost thought a cat pun to herself? A look of mild disgust crossed her face and she attempted to clear her mind. But then thoughts about doing a good deed crossed her mind and her eyes rolled back in her head a tiny bit in disgust at herself. Shadybug took a few deep breaths and then hopped off the edge of the Eiffel Tower, hitting the ground gracefully then hid behind a pillar and de-transformed. Glower in place, she walked back out into the bright sunlight and headed back to her shared hideout with Adrien. When she reached the blocked door, she sighed and kicked the door with her boot. Adrien opened the door very slightly, recognized her and let her in without a word. She stalked inside and sat down on the very comfortable couch in the one room they had. When she had deemed herself comfortable, Adrien finally spoke.

"What did you do?"

She gave him a sharp look.

"Why you always accusing me of doing something?" she said with a smirk.

"Because you're reckless."

"Yeah. That's real, coming from the professor of reckless," she snapped back. Adrien rolled his eyes.

"You know what I mean, Mari," Adrien said stiffly.

"Sure, sure. No, of course not. They know we're here. We're lying low."

Adrien managed to stifle a small look of surprise.

"We are? But you had this whole grand plan, Mari."

Mari rolled her eyes at him.

"Yeah, it failed."

"What? Since when?"

"Uh, when they discovered our presence. I'll come up with something new soon," she responded.

"You better, Shady," Adrien retorted and went over to rummage for food through the two cupboards that were randomly in the room.

"Adrien, we don't have food, because we literally just got here. It's risky to go get some. We'll go at sunset."

Adrien took a deep breath and pulled a low move on her. Her eyes widened as he stood dangerously close over her and used his looks against her in an attempt to sway her to get food sooner.

"Please, Shady," he murmured in what he hoped sounded like a deep, soothing tone. Mari was usually pretty strong with her composure, but today wasn't her day and she completely failed. A blush spread over her face so she placed her palm on his chest and shoved him back.

"That's low, even for you, Adrien," she sputtered, clearing her throat desperately.

"But did it work?"

Mari shot him a glower.

"No. Sorry. Sunset."

Adrien threw something against the wall and sat down in the only other chair in the room. She glared at him and nestled back down in the couch, intending to sleep.

"What? Shadybug gets to sleep? Why can't I?"

"You have the chair?"

Adrien shot her a very furious look. She only rolled over, but what he didn't put together was she left enough room on the couch for him to sleep on it as well.