Chapter 2: Chat Noir meets Claw Noire

Chat Noir spotted someone sprinting in the open, dressed oddly, towards the Eiffel Tower. He followed, concerned with what the person was doing, sprinting in a costume in broad daylight, with barely any sign of the previous akuma attack. The figure extended what appeared to be a metal staff and launched up onto the upper levels of the Eiffel Tower. Chat Noir followed, now a bit more wary. He hid behind one of the tall pillars and watched the figure approach someone in the shadows. The figure looked eerily like him, but in a way that he knew it wasn't a fan dressed like him. The ears were black, a tad more pointed, the figure had a black tail like his, but from what he could tell, the belt had a silver lining, and he could see spiked boots hit the ground as the person stalked forward. Then he clamped a hand over his mouth as the other person peeled out of the shadows, looking strikingly like Ladybug, his partner and lady. But darker, the suit was predominantly black, with a red torso and black dots, then the color scheme flipped, and the hair was up in two rather cute black buns with red ribbon and then hair swept across the face and red mask. She had heels on her shoes, where Ladybug was in flats.

"Were you spotted, you idiot?" the voice snapped coldly.

"Of course not, I'm not that idiotic, and if I were, the person would know well to run, before I destroy them," the figure that looked like Chat Noir spoke in response, making something clatter on the ground.

"Don't break that, I swear, Claw, you're so daft," the first voice said, with a hint of annoyance underlining her words.

"Not like you're that much smarter than me to even has us meet up here, we're in the Eiffel Tower," Claw said in response.

"Oh, so now I'm stupid? Who makes the rules, Claw Noire? Who the hell makes the rules here? You're just the sidekick, never ever forget that!" the first voice shouted at him, and the figure stalked to the overlook. Chat stared. Claw Noire? What did this mean? Why was that person's name so similar to his?

"Yeah, yeah, Shadybug, you make the rules, I know that. And I know I'm the sidekick. Why do you think I follow you everywhere, at your every beck and call, whether you're in civilian form or in your Miraculous form!" Claw Noire snapped at her back. Chat clamped a hand over his mouth. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Shadybug slowly turned back around. Something was off.

"Why, but of course, Claws."

Claw Noire narrowed his eyes, getting angrier.

"Shadybug, I'm-"

"All mine, and I am yours, correct? Then leave it there," she whispered, coming so close that Claw actually staggered back from her.

"What-lady-Shadybug-?" he sputtered, which told Chat that wasn't normal for her to do or he would've stayed put.

"Yes? Scared? Should be. You're in small trouble, darling," she purred, shoving him backwards. He nearly tripped and Chat finally decided to come out of the shadows.

"Hey! Who are you two and what are you doing here?" Chat Noir said, pulling out his staff and extending it, ready to defend himself if necessary.

"Who the hell are you?" Shadybug snapped, her eyes widening slightly as he approached. Claw instantly went into a defensive position in front of her, ready to summon his cataclysm.

"My name is Chat Noir. Who are you, again?"

"I am Shadybug, the one who-"

Claw elbowed her, rising from his stance.

"Will show you my wrath if you come one step closer."

"And you?" Chat spoke to Claw.

"Claw Noire," he replied stiffly, glowering at the other holder of the Black Cat Miraculous. Right behind Chat Noir, he felt Ladybug's presence. He turned around to greet her and Shadybug lunged with her yoyo, wrapping the string around his legs and bringing him crashing down.