Chapter 5: Shadybug's World

Shadymoth smiled as she scanned around her home, marveling at the black Eiffel Tower as it loomed above their heads. Noirefox said nothing, but he visibly relaxed when the portal snapped shut behind them.

"Home, wickedly sweet home," Shadymoth purred.

"Yeah. This is way better," Noirefox replied with a icy smile. Shadybug smiled back.

"Let's get this pathetic holder somewhere Hesperia can't find her. The quicker, the better." 

"But of course."

Shadymoth divided Nooroo and Tikki and quickly helped Noirefox drag Ladybug's limp body towards their center of power: the darkening Eiffel Tower.

"Um...Shades? What are we going to do with Ladybug?"

"Let the world we've made destroy her into pieces," Shadybug automatically responded, completely unaware of the expression that crossed Noirefox's face. It was anger.

"Nothing for me to do?"

"Sure, whatever," she muttered, completely ignorant, as she scanned the third floor of the Eiffel Tower as they hopped up, using their weapons to launch themselves.

"Shadybug, this isn't normal for you. You usually have something for me to do."

Shadybug tied Ladybug up to a pillar and made it so tight that Ladybug's suit was strained. Then she turned back to Noirefox.

"Don't worry, I'll figure out something. Actually, I just did. I need an illusion."

Noirefox perked up.

"Illusion of what?"

"Fear itself."

Noirefox stumbled.

"Fear itself? Why?"

"I'm done waiting around for this Paris to destroy itself."

"But this is our home, Shadybug!"

"Pity. It was such a great home," she snapped in response.

"Shadybug! Honestly! We have to do better than that! We can't destroy our only home-!"

"We'll make a new one!" she finally shouted, cutting him off abruptly.

"Why are you getting mad at me?!" he exclaimed, backing off with his hands up in the air in surrendering gesture. Shadybug slammed her fist into the pillar Ladybug was tied to and closed her eyes.

"I don't belong here," she said with her hand over her mouth, so the words came out muffled.

"Of course you do. You're Shadybug."

"That's all I am. That's all I'll ever be here and anywhere. The villain. Which I don't mind being, it's relieving to make others fear me. But it wears down on you when you have nothing else to fall back on when you get exhausted."

Noirefox sighed, divided Trix and Plagg and approached Shadybug cautiously.

"You're not just Shadybug. You're also a girl under there, a teenager, of 17 years, a girl who goes to school, hangs out with her friend and is reckless, yes, but she's mean, she's tough and she's definitely not a pushover. You're a lot more than you think, Shadybug," he murmured in her ear, standing very close to her.

"Thanks, Claw. I appreciate that, even if it was extremely out of character for you." 

Claw Noire rolled his eyes.

"I'm not always mean to you, not out of hatred, Shades," he said with a small laugh.

"Then why?" she teased, turning around then jerking out of surprise. Her eyes widened and he froze.