Chapter 10: Switching Places

Claw Noire stood at the balcony with Shadybug, his eyes darkening as he thought over her words.

"The Supreme entrusted us with a Miraculous, didn't he?"

Shadybug nodded.

"But we failed to get the Butterfly Miraculous and keep it."

"Didn't you just take it from Betterfly?"

Shadybug shot him a glower.

"Yeah, but it's not going to stay in my grasp for long, if I've learned anything."

"What if we....cataclysmed it? Then nobody gets it?"

Shadybug stared at him in shock.

"I'm not sure that would be a good idea...imagine how furious the Supreme would be, Claws," Shadybug replied slowly, but she was starting to think about his idea. 

"Yes, but we still have that alternate dimension option," Claw mentioned. Shadybug shook her head.

"Where do you think I learned that trick from?"

"The Supreme? Really?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. 

"Yes...No, we have nowhere to go, but we are strong enough on our own, right?" Shadybug mused.

"Yes," Claw Noire muttered under his breath, instantly getting fidgety. He loathed agreeing with Shadybug.

"Aw, is the poor loser of a kitty catty over there reluctant to agree with his Shades?" Shadybug teased, leaning in to see his expression on his sudden bowed head.

"No. Especially not if you're going to treat me like this. I'll disagree, how's that sound, Shadybug?" Claw Noire snapped in response, his head snapping up and a full on glower meeting her innocent gaze.

"Oh, that's nice. Thank you for using my actual name, Claw Noire," Shadybug spat back and approached the railing.

"Oh, but of course, isn't that what the sidekick is supposed to do?" Claw Noire purred, his lips peeling up into a mean sneer. Shadybug coughed, suppressing her laughter. Which only made her cough harder, until she was hacking and coughing. Claw Noire raised an eyebrow.

"What? Did I finally eradicate your ability to breathe based on one sentence?"

"N-no," Shadybug coughed, "it's just, your comment amused me greatly."

"Why is that, Shades?" Claw Noire asked, tilting his head, but she could see his clawed fingertips twitching, signaling a cataclysm incoming.

"Perhaps because you called yourself a sidekick. It's the first time you agreed to acknowledge that," Shadybug responded stiffly. Claw Noire smirked.

"That's not for your satisfaction, but as to mine to see your face react with shock as I actually agree, so it's to my satisfaction."

"Why does that satisfy you?"

A smirk.

"It's a change from your blank expressions."

"I don't always have blank expressions. I get angry expressions, because you make me annoyed and mad half the time with your mere presence, but I guess it is a semi-reassuring comfort to have said annoying, irritating presence by my side." 

Claw Noire put a hand over his heart sarcastically.

"Aw, Shady, that touches me so much," he said in a higher-pitched, fake, sweet voice.

"Shut up," was her only response back. Claw Noire did, so Shadybug had to turn away from him to mask her expression of surprise from him listening to her.