Chapter 19. Another Problem

{Author's POV}

An awkward silence filled in the living hall, Gianna clenched the hem of her dress and stiffened after Derek told Mr. and Mrs. Moretti about her blindness. Noticing the awkward mood, Grace spoke up,

"Oh, Xavier and Adam will return soon after finishing their work, so until then, sweetheart you can entertain your guests however you want Brinley." To which Brinley smiled excitedly and rushed both Gianna and Amelia to her room.

Lorenzo was still thinking when he muttered,

"It must be hard for her...should I give her sister scholarship permission for studies and support both of them financially?"

"Darling... I know this is surprising for us, and you want to help her, but I think she's trying her best to support herself and her sister. You'll hurt her feelings if you don't acknowledge her hard work." Grace explained her thoughts to Lorenzo.

"Yup Mom is right Dad. Just chill, if she faces any problem in the future, brother is there to help her, why're you worrying?" Derek said in a rush but soon realized what he blurted out, "Oops" he whispered, scratched his hair and smiled wryly.

"What do you mean by 'brother'? Is it Adam? Or Xavier? Tell me!" Grace widened her eyes in surprise and interrogated Derek.

"Tell us, don't keep us in the dark for long, we've been convincing those two brats to marry since a long time." Lorenzo said in a stern voice, to which Derek gulped his saliva.

"Sorry brother..." Derek whispered and sighed.

"Xavier." Derek said.

"Huh?" Grace didn't understand what he meant.

"Xavier has become somewhat interested in Gianna, I've heard him making some investigations about her background, and I've seen him staring at her for a few times once in a while." Derek explained.

"But isn't she blind?" Lorenzo said.

"Is there anything brother doesn't have? Yes, of course it's love. What if she's blind? She's kind and has good nature. What else does brother need?" Derek huffed and frowned.

'Why am I taking her side suddenly? That day I insulted her...when I met her for the first time. I guess it's because of Amelia. She cares a lot about her sister...maybe I didn't want her to be sad about Gianna.' Derek thought.

Lorenzo sighed and Grace was just blankly staring at the floor.

"It doesn't matter...if Xavier likes her, we'll support him. It's his choice, whoever he wants in his life, we need to just bless him and his future wife." Grace said in a determined voice. [A/N: Hehehe we have a good mother-in-law here, yay!]

"Thank you." Suddenly Xavier's voice alerted Grace, Lorenzo and Derek.

"Oh you're back?" Derek asked Xavier, to which he nodded in response.

"Mother..." Xavier went towards Grace and kneeled in front of her, Grace smiled and caressed his cheek.

Adam took his seat on the couch after greeting Lorenzo, he respects him a lot.

"My child...is it true? Are you interested in Gianna? I mean, do you like her?" Grace asked him, hesitatingly.

"Yes mother...it's true. I think I started thinking about her from the first day I met her." Xavier said and sighed.

"Xavier, we'll support you." Lorenzo said, and Grace nodded as if she agrees with him.

Xavier smiled slightly and took his seat on the couch and started discussing current affairs in business with Lorenzo and Adam. Derek went to his gym to work out and Grace was busy preparing for dinner with maids.