Chapter 46. No Buttering? How About Honeying?

Gianna sat listening to the music, Xavier played for her. She was so lost in the music, that she couldn't realize that they had reached the place where Xavier was taking her.

"Come, Gianna, let's go." Xavier said as he took hold of her hand when he opened her door.

"Huh? We reached already? Where are we?" Gianna asked curiously as soon as she came out of the car while holding his hand tightly.

"Hospital." Xavier looked away from her as soon as he said.

"Huh!? Why're we at hospital!? No! Xavier, let's go back! Please!" Gianna started hyperventilating when she thought how she couldn't regain her eyesight even after such long treatment in her young age. She started feeling nauseous about the thought of her stepping inside the hospital.

"Gianna... trust me, mio cuore... you have me by your side, I'll always support you in any manner you want. Gianna, don't be scared, we're here just for consultation for now. Come, let's go." Xavier said in a stern voice. Gianna dropped her head, and tears started streaming down her face, she knew he was doing this so she could fight her insecurities, therefore surrendering to him and went inside the hospital with him. Xavier wiped her tears and hugged her shoulder, supporting her while walking inside the hospital.

Xavier got the name and address of the hospital while driving, he had a few words at the reception while Gianna sat in the lobby, clenching her dress and turning her face left and right as she was hearing many voices, some patients, and some visitors were talking and going here and there. Gianna was feeling really nervous, and she silently closed her eyes and prayed to god for good news. The receptionist nurse had a talk with the senior doctor, whom Xavier's assistant had asked for appointment. She told Xavier to go to the second floor and cabin number 8.

Xavier took the prescription booklet given by the nurse and went towards Gianna to see her trembling in nervousness and clenching her dress and wrinkling it. Xavier sighed and softly patted her back. Gianna flinched but sighed in relief when she inhaled his familiar cologne.

"You're back? Is the doctor not available? Let's go back." Gianna said, and she instantly stood up and turned to go out of the hospital, when he caught hold of her wrist. She closed her eyes and pouted.

"My assistant will be sad and suffer consequences, if you don't take consultation of the ophthalmologist we had taken appointment from."

"But... it's not your assistant's fault?"

"Well, that's true, but I can't punish you, right? You're my love. Instead of you, he'll face the punishment. But if you're so tempted to get a punishment, let me know." Xavier spoke with a smirk, while Gianna became a blushing mess.

"I know you're teasing me! Stop it, I'll go! Happy?" Xavier chuckled listening to her.

"Very much. Don't worry, he's the best specialist eye doctor and renowned in the country, he knows his work well." Xavier said, assuring her and patting her back while they walked towards the elevator.

"Hello doctor." Both of them said as they entered the cabin. The doctor greeted them back. Xavier told all the details he knew about Gianna's problem. The doctor checked her eyes and did some small test.

"Mr. Moretti, I'll let you know the reports and details by tomorrow." The doctor gave the test samples and details to the nurse. Gianna and Xavier went out of the hospital.

"See? It was so easy, you were worrying unnecessarily." Xavier commented and Gianna frowned in frustration, but she kept quiet.

"Let's go now." Gianna tugged his sleeve and urged him to take her back to Moretti mansion. Xavier took her back to Moretti mansion, Gianna was feeling very tired, so she went to sleep whereas he went to his home office to do his work.