Chapter 44. Making Up With Her

Gianna sat silently on the bed, holding a pillow on her lap and lost deep in thought. Charlie laid while keeping his head on her stretched out legs. Charlie whined in sadness, he knew very well that she was upset or sad about something, he could her emotions as if reading a novel. Listening to his whines, Gianna came back from her trance and rubbed his fur and massaged his head.

"I'm sorry Charlie... I couldn't spend time with you since so many hours... you must have missed me a lot right? I missed you a lot, too." Charlie stood up on the bed and went towards Gianna, he snuggled and brushed his fur against Gianna's neck and then licked her cheek. Gianna smiled softly and kissed his forehead.

"Charlie, you're the only one whom I always trust and love blindly without any kind of misunderstandings and lies in our relationship. I feel really grateful to have you in my life." Gianna said, and a lone tear strolled down her cheek, instantly Charlie licked away her tear and woofed twice as if telling her not to cry, Gianna smiled again and hugged him like he was the favorite personal teddy of Gianna.

Xavier stood outside in front of guest room door, holding a food tray carrying her lunch as she didn't have anything since so many hours, she refused to have anything. He sighed in grief as he heard her words from inside. He knew she was feeling lonely, and she must've lost the trust she had for everyone in her heart. He knocked on the door twice but got nothing in response, so he opened the door and saw Gianna had turned her face away towards the window, he knew she was ignoring everyone... so he took slow and calm steps towards the bed and laid the food tray on it.

"Gianna... I've brought lunch for you, please have something, even a few bites will do." Gianna remained silent without turning her head to the source of the voice.

"Look here, Gianna. Please don't be stubborn and think about your health." Charlie barked as if agreeing with Xavier, he moved towards the tray and pushed it a little towards Gianna using his nose. Xavier rubbed his head and fur and commented, "Smart boy."

"How should I look towards you? I'm blind, can't you see? And it's not me being stubborn, it's you! Why am I here? I didn't argue in front of everyone when you insisted on me staying here, but now that I'm alone with you, I want to know, why am I here!?" Gianna said in a slight loud voice.

"What do you mean, mio cuore? I just want you to be safe with all of us here..." Xavier said softly in gentle tone.

"Don't call me that...! Cursing me openly, without any shame! Please leave me alone, you're no different from Robert and Elias...! They kidnapped and kept me in some kind of premises, and you? You have kept me here under your watch in your house...! What if you were the one who planned this kidnapping!? How can I trust you, after you have lied to me for such a long time!" Gianna exclaimed sternly.

"I have never cursed at you! You also know what I call you, is not a curse! Also, how could you imply... I've kidnapped you!? Gianna, listen. I know you're upset that I hid the fact that our family is mafia based, but it was for your welfare and safety, alright? You have no idea how many enemies I have, you could be in danger if you knew I am the mafia leader, as you would have left me and I wouldn't have been able to protect you!" Xavier glared at her but clenched his fist, to cool his anger down.

"I also know that you must be hurt, and we broke your trust but if you think I'm selfish just like your relatives then Gianna you must really think before saying so, I don't care about your late parent's possession, and I'm not greedy behind anything, everything I have today is the fruit of our family's hard work and our efforts, I can't believe I'm hearing such baseless accusations from YOU." He emphasized on "You" and sighed before turning away and walking out of the room, not before banging the door loudly behind. Poor door.