Chapter 36. Shopping Spree

"Seriously, what have you done to yourself..." Amelia muttered as she rubbed an ice pack over Gianna's swollen cheeks and eyes. Charlie was playing with his toy, biting and stretching it to his heart's content.

"You look a monkey right now to be honest!" Amelia exclaimed and Gianna hit her back.

"Just do your job silently." Gianna said and Amelia mimicked silently making faces.

"What to do... we've to go out today with Brinley for an outing..." Gianna said and clenched her dress in nervousness.

"No forget it I'm not going, my foot still hurts, and my back is no better. You also have become monkey, so just postpone the outing or cancel it, tell her to go by herself or with her family." Amelia said.

"I am not monkey! And I can't postpone or cancel the outing because this weekend she's getting engaged, and we're going to go shopping for her engagement." Gianna said and Amelia sighed.

"Okay, go with her, but I'm not coming. You can put some make up to cover your swollen eyes... if you want." Amelia said, but Gianna shook her head.

"It's fine this swelling will go away after a while, don't worry, and we're going this afternoon so till then I don't think these swelling will stay." Amelia shrugged and went in the kitchen to bring breakfast.

"Now tell me what happened yesterday." Amelia ordered.

"Well..." Gianna explained to her how she met Robert Allen and how he came yesterday uninvited and warned her about the Moretti family.

"Even I don't want you to go near them." Amelia whispered.

"What? What did you say?" Gianna didn't clearly hear what she said.

"Nothing." Amelia sighed and ate her breakfast.

"I don't know whom I should believe and whom I shouldn't..." Gianna said and ate her breakfast.

"Do what your heart says. I think we shouldn't trust Robert this easily. We've known the Moretti family for some time, and I don't think they want to harm us in any manner, as far as I've observed." Amelia commented.

"Yeah... that's what I told Robert, they had many opportunities, but they didn't do anything, instead they showed care and kindness to us, when they could've just turned their backs on us." Gianna said making sense.

"Don't let Robert inside next time, tell him if he wants to talk, personally ask for a meeting at a café or something." Amelia said, and Gianna nodded.

"Do you want something? I can buy for you, on my way back."

"Bring a few ramen packs, it's been a long time since I had them." Amelia said, practically drooling. Gianna hit her head lightly.

"Just a few packs, okay? Eat less junk." Gianna exclaimed. Amelia pouted and huffed, Gianna laughed at her antics and ruffled her hair, messing them up.

"Hey! Don't spoil my hair." Amelia groaned as she fixed her hair.

----

In the afternoon,

"Gianna! Are you ready?" Brinley exclaimed as soon as the main door was opened for her to enter. Gianna nodded and welcomed her inside, but she was in a hurry, so Gianna told Amelia to close the door behind and Gianna took her purse and gave snacks to Charlie before leaving.

"Let's go!" Brinley exclaimed very excitedly. Gianna giggled, listening to her excitement.

Brinley took Gianna to a few boutiques and offices of a few fashion designers, but Brinley got disappointed as she was unable to find a perfect dress.