Chapter 26. Will You Marry Me?

(Author's pov)

"Finally...! I need at least 10 hours sleep so that I can feel refreshed..." Brinley said in a tired voice while stretching her back. Derek scrunched his face.

"My dear sissy... you had a queen size bed and enjoyed the whole time we were in there. Still, you need 10 hours sleep!? Idiot." Brinley pouted, getting visibly upset.

"Don't call me that! And mind your own business." Brinley said, pointing her finger sharply on his face.

"Okay, then come by yourself, I will mind my own business." Derek shrugged his shoulder and sat inside his car, signalling the driver to leave fast from there.

"HEY!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!!" Brinley shouted in vain and sighed as she saw his car moving further and further away. Brinley started moving slowly on the streets of Dubai with her suitcase rolling behind her. She shivered in fear as soon as she saw a local rich resident strolling casually with a lion like his pet.

"UMM... I don't even know the name of the hotel I am staying in. He is such a jerk!! Who leaves their real sister alone in an unknown country alone with no information!?" Brinley groaned and kicked a small stone, looking down. The stone lightly hit a leather shoe of a man. She looked up slowly, getting ready to apologize to the man she hit unintentionally, but she got shocked to see who it was.

Yes, Adam Brooke.

"WHAT!?" Brinley screamed as if she saw a monster.

"What?" Adam was confused by her sudden screaming.

"What are you doing here?" Brinley said while rubbing her eyes.

*Sigh* "Xavier told me you were going to come." Adam said casually, Brinley stared at his face. He was looking hot in those black aviators.

"Why did he tell you? He was not supposed to tell you about me coming here." Brinley got upset and looked away, staring at moving cars for a while.

"Brinley why was he not supposed to tell me? I also care for you. Look, Derek left you alone here. You could have been in danger. If I didn't come to pick you up, how were you going to reach at my house?" Adam said and tucked his hands inside his suit pockets.

"Yeah, I know... don't care about me and do all that caring-for-sister sh*t act. Why are we going to your house? I'll stay in a hotel!" Brinley was stubborn and angry because Adam left without telling her and was again behaving with her like a brother would.

"Brinley mind your language. I care for you, but that doesn't mean you'll insult my feelings about you like this." Adam said in a serious tone and stared in her eyes sharply.

"Whatever." Brinley huffed as if annoyed and started walking ahead, ignoring Adam. Adam caught hold of her wrist before she could move further away and dragged her towards his navy blue lamborghini, making her sit in the passenger seat and fixing her seatbelt. Brinley just continued pouting, but she was happy from inside. She felt this shivering tingles in her heart when he was sternly yet politely making her sit and tucking her seatbelt.

"Take a picture if you want." Adam said, taunting her for staring at him for a long time. Brinley scoffed listening an old-rusty dialogue made by cringy men to make them look even more dashing, but she was smart enough to tackle his comment.

"Good idea, actually. That's what I deserve, right? Just a picture is enough for my survival." Brinley said, looking out through the window. The buildings and places passing by were noticeably more amusing than staring and arguing with him.

"What do you mean by that? Brinley I'm telling you very seriously this is not a joke, stop all your fantasies, and it would be better if you concentrate on your studies rather than taking steps which might make your family and friends sad and upset." He indirectly told her not to take any self-harming step and to stop her fantasies about her love for him. Brinley just kept her mouth shut, not really feeling to reply to him, she felt somewhat tired, expressing her feelings for him again and again.