Part 7 - Acceptance

**Trigger Warning**

Days later, I was still in shock, but a good kind of shock. This is the first time anyone has ever said they loved me, it felt amazing, knowing he loved me. But he hardly knows me, and I hardly know him. I wanted to know something, I wanted to know why he has scars on his arm, why he tried to kill himself. It couldn't have just been because of the accident, that would never trigger something as horrible and dark as suicial thoughts. But why, what happened to him? I want to know. 

Drake walked into my bedroom, 

"Drake, could I ask you something?" 

He sat down on my bed beside me, he placed his hand gently on my thigh,

"What is it?" He asked, he looked into my eyes, his beautiful brown sparking eyes enchanted me,  I was lost. 

"I wanted to know why... Erm... You don't need to tell me but... Erm..."

"What, what are you trying to ask me?" He said smiling,

"Why are there scars all down your arms and why did you try to kill yourself a few days ago?" His smile faded, he turned away, "Drake, please, don't be mad, I just wanted to know" he cut me off,

"I love you and you have a right to know, so I'll tell you, I was diagnosed with severe depression when I was about 14 due to bullying, constant bullying. I wanted to die. I was called every name you could ever think of and it was constant, I wanted it all to end. Cutting, helped. It made me feel better, these scars have been with me ever since and they're forever multiplying. I wanted to kill myself the other day because of you, you seemed so real but I was almost certain you would be like the rest, you'd leave me and it'd hurt. But you're not fake, and I know that now. Anyway, that's why I have scars and why I tried to kill myself, sorry. 

Shock, pain and sympathy flowed through my body, I knew exactly how he felt, I've been through it. 

"Drake, I know what you've been through, I've been through the same thing. But I'm recovered now, and I can help you. 

I could see him tearing up, I reached over to him, he turned away. He stood up. 

"What are you doing?" I asked

He took off his sweater, revealing his scars, they went the whole way up both of his arms and they looked so deep.

"Now that you know, now that you've seen the truth, do you still love me?" He asked

I looked deeply into his eyes and said "of course I do, I love you unconditionally" 

He sat down beside me again, 

"Touch them, that's how I know I can trust you, it sounds weird but it really does help".

I stroked his scars, my hands running up and down his cuts, I felt like he trusted me, I trust him, he needs to see my scars, it's only right. 

"Excuse me for a second, I need to show you something". I said to him, I walked out of the room towards my bathroom, I took off my pants, leaving my shirt and my underwear and I went back through. 

"Here are my scars". I said to him he looked at me for a second and then he stood up, he whispered into my ear, 

"You're beautiful"

He kissed me, passionately.  I felt like our love was real and pure and not based on lies. He was the first boyfriend who has ever accepted me after he found out the truth, I want him to be the one. But I was scared that he would leave me,  leave me when he found out everything else about my past, I never wanted him to leave me because I think I was falling in love with him.

I felt like I knew Drake better now, when I looked into his eyes, they were deeper, more beautiful. I was even more lost in them than I ever was before.

He gently slid his hand up my arm then lightly gripping my shoulders, I tilted my head down, looking at the floor the I shifted my eyes to his and blinked a few times,

"God I think it's cute when you do that!" he said, looking deep into my eyes.  

"I think everything you do is cute", I said turning my head then batting my eyelashes at him once again, and at that, he lifted me into his arms then whispered into my ear,

"Never leave me",

"I won't". 

-sorry this took so long to update, next up on my list is the next part for "Somehow" so keep an eye open ;) - Lauryn xx