Part 2 - Caller I.D

I woke up to the phone ringing. It was around 7am. I thought about ignoring it and going back to sleep. I checked the caller I.D, Drake. I looked at the phone for a second to let my eyes focus. Then I answered the phone.

"Hey Drake" I said. I heard sirens in the background, I started to get worried. There was a delayed answer.

"Hi is this Ramona?"

"Yeah, who is this? Why are you on Drake's phone?"

"I'm with Drake. He has been in a car crash."

I was speechless.

"It's an emergency. Are you a relative? Do you live near the Hospital?" He said

"Yeah I'm his..." I paused. I had no idea what to say. "... Girlfriend. I only live a few blocks away."

"Get here quickly, It's urgent."

I was still in my pyjamas but i didn't care, all I cared about was Drake being okay. I ran to my car and started it up. It stared up and my fuel Gage said E. I quickly ran over to one of my neighbours and asked to borrow their car.

"Calm down. Why do you need my car?" My neighbour asked.

"There has been a car crash. My... Boyfriend is being rushed into hospital. My car has no gas."

"Yeah okay, here's the keys."

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could. I jumped into my neighbours car.

The traffic was light so I got to the hospital quicker than I thought I would. I ran through the doors. When I got in I went to reception and asked what ward Drake was in.

"He is in the Emergency Room. I will take you through." The receptionist said.

As I walked through the Emergency Room I saw people with really serious injuries. As I got towards the end I saw Drake. He couldn't speak.

"You must be Ramona" The doctor said.

"Yes. Is Drake okay?"

"He has broken his jaw in three places and also he has broken his neck."

I couldn't say anything. To see Drake lying there not saying a word, It killed me.