Mom?!?!

Cody POV:
I woke up from yesterday like normal, when I got a call. My mom?!? Oh no. "Hey mo-" "WHY DID YOU CUT YOUR HAIR??" She screamed. "Mom! Wait! I can explain!" I pleaded. "THEN PLEASE DO CUZ THIS IS UNEXCEPTABLE" She continued. "I- Uh-" "EXACTLY! YOUR ONE OF THOSE TRANSGENDER THINGS ARN'T YOU!" "I- yeah. I am." Right when I said that she hung up. Fuck! I always mess things up.

Gwen POV:
As Codie's mom yelled at her I cringed at the words she was calling Codie. Then I froze. Transgender? Is that why she cut her hair? I have to ask her. "Hey, Codie?" "Yeah?" "I heard your mom over the phone and.. are you trans?" Codie froze. "Uh- Yeah. Can we leave it at that?" Tears started to well in her eyes. "Wait! Do you have a new name? And do I use he/him?"  "I just spell my name C. O. D. Y. now. And yeah, he/him please."   "Ok! No problem!"  He smiled and hugged me. "I just gotta prepare now." He started looking around for something. "Prepare? For what?" I ask. "My mom ALWAYS takes things to the extreme. I know she is going to come here, so I gotta prepare to fight back, no biggie." He said with ease. I just stood there in shock. "Uh- well- if you need help just call for me!" I say. "Yeah, I will."

Noah POV:
I was eating when Cody walked in with a bat and some spike bracelets on his wrist and ankles, like he was in the purge. "Dude, what's with the emo outfit?" I ask. "Oh, it's self defense from my mom." He said casually.

"Self defense?!?" I said, shocked. "Yeah. She's going to be here any minute. I told her that I'm..." he looked around. "You know, and she's pissed. She will probably try to take me home, and I'm not letting that happen." He sat down and poked his food, like usual. "That's not normal mom behavior Cody." I stated, worry growing in my voice. "I will be fine. Don't worry." As soon as I said that, I'm guessing his mom, barged in.

"CODIE EMMENT JAMESON ANDERSON!" His mom screeched. Everyone in the breakfast hall looked at him. "Mom! This is uncalled for!"  He stood up, looking her dead in the eyes. "NO DAUGHTER OF MINE IS TRANS!!!!" She continued. "MOM! IT ISNT THAT BIG OF A DEAL! STOP YELLING!" He fought back. I stood up to help but Cody just waved at me to sit back down. "NO! THIS IS A BIG DEAL!" She grabbed Cody's arm. "LET GO!" He winced in pain. "NO! YOUR LEAVING THIS PLACE!" She tried to pull Cody but he kicked her in the leg. "Mom. You are CLEARLY drunk. Once I call security or something, they will take you home." He said calmly. How is he so calm? Has this happened before? "Ok mam', you gotta go." Police took her away as she was fighting them. Cody ran back into his cabin, probably really embarrassed. I feel so bad.

Cody POV:
I sobbed into my pillow. Why did I have to have such bad parents? My dad couldn't even bother to stop my mom, he was probably drinking to! I heard a knock on my door. "Cody? It Noah and Izzy. Can we come in?" Noah asked. I stood up from my bed and walked to the door, still with tears streaming from my eyes. "Cody! Omg I am so sorry that happened to you." Noah immediately hugged me. I hugged him back, crying into his shoulders. "Why did she do this to me?" I cried. "Yeah man, that was pretty messed up. At least it wasn't as bad as what my mom did last year. She stole a koala bear from the zoo!" Izzy broke the sadness and awkwardness in the air. I laughed. "Do you guys still have it?" I asked. "Oh Nar. My mom had to return it. She didn't want to go to jail a 3rd time." She laughed. I was concerned but laughed with her.

(Sorry this chapter is so short! I just got back to school from fall break 😜)