4. Meeting him

College life is really hectic

College life is really hectic. From everyday homework to assignments, it feels like an endless swirl of things to do altogether... The only peace you can find is when you do something you really love. Just like for me it's sketching. I sometimes lose myself and the count of time in the smooth strokes of pencil on a blank paper. And luckily enough I can spend some portion of my day in this hobby. And no matter how long I do sketching I always feel refreshed.

After having done with my sketching class I head towards my locker to put my belongings. Not so long later a hand taps my shoulder and before I could turn around the high pitched voice of Jimin reaches my ears.

"Taehyungiee come on let's go to cafeteria! I am sooo hungryyy!!" I smile and turn around facing Jimin. "Yess!" I say before he practically drags me towards the cafeteria. But then he stops in his tracks as someone walks towards us. I think I have seen him somewhere...

"Jimin... here" He calls and takes out a notebook from his backpack. Jimin takes it from his hands...it was his music class notes. He puts it in his own backpack and says, "Oh Yoongi hyung you could have given this to me in the class itself"

Yoongi... Oh yes he is the basketball hyung that shares music class with Jimin.

"I didn't want to make you more angry...that's why" After few seconds he continues. "And also if you don't mind...um...you and your friend can come and have lunch with us... It would be fun to get to know each other you know..." Yoongi hyung says rubbing his hand on his nape. Jimin widens his eyes a bit before looking at me. I surely knew what was going on. I smile a little and say, "Jiminie won't you introduce me to your friend?"

Jimin clears his throat before saying, "Um Yoongi hyung he is Taehyung, my best friend... and Taehyung this is- "

"Yoongi hyung... I know the one who plays really great basketball right? I have heard about you from Jiminie" I smile at Yoongi hyung who smiles back with slightly wide eyes.

"From Jimin? He talked about me?" He asks tilting his head like a kitten.

"Yeah a lo- hmphh"

"Taehyungie! I am very hungry! Come on let's go and eat... Um hyung come on!" Jimin says putting his hand on my mouth and then drags me to the cafeteria followed by a confused Yoongi hyung, who leads us towards the table. Upon following him and reaching the table, Jimin releases me and I see another person sitting there busy in his phone. He looks up and a big smile appears on his face.

"Yoongi! You came!" He looks our way and then says pointing at Jimin. "This is Jimin right? You finally got the nerves to invite him over bro!?" He whispers at end but it was clearly audible...

"Hobi! shhh and yeah this is Jimin and his friend Taehyung... Uh... they will be having their lunch with us today... So behave" Yoongi hyung says alarmed at first. I try so hard to control my laugh seeing their interaction. They were totally opposite. One seemed calm while the other was hyperactive just like me and Jimin.

"Oh hi Jimin and Taehyung! I am Hoseok, Yoongi's bestie and a living sunshine!" He says doing a artistic bow. Literally a living sunshine. I giggle a bit before me and Jimin both say, "Hi hyung" together. Soon after the introduction we all serve ourselves food and sit together across the table.

There were some talks exchanged here and there like getting to know each other's subjects and hobbies. Both of them were actually fun to talk to and the constant bickering of Yoongi hyung and Jimin really kept me entertained. After a while, Hobi hyung speaks up.

"Yoongi Jeongguk didn't come yet?"

Jeongguk?

This name itself made my heart beat go faster for some reasons I had no idea about... I take a deep breathe and sit still looking down as I try to figure out what was happening to me.

"He must be coming... He said he had some work to d- Oh he's here!" I hear Yoongi hyung's voice and then a plate is kept on the empty space of the table beside me. I still did not look up. When the name itself made such an impact, I was not ready to face the consequences of seeing the person. Although my eyes unknowingly searched for him the moment I step into the college but I had no courage. I was a coward in cases like this.

I was so into thoughts that accidently the spoon in my hand fell down making me come out of the trance I was in. I bend down to pick the spoon but before I could touch it another hand comes and picks it. I shift my gaze upwards to see him directly looking at me with those deep brown and dark orbs. It felt like the time stood still in this moment... and the surroundings were blur. I was falling deep and deep into his eyes which were now wide as if he just acknowledged who I was.

"Oh hi... we meet again" His sweet yet deep voice hits my eardrums like a music. He hands the spoon in my already extended hand. The touch of his rough fingers made me come out of my thoughts. Yet again.

I gulp and smile a little. "Uh y-yeah... hi" We both were still in the same position. He was kneeling down and I was bending on the chair. I hastily fix my posture and he also stands up.

Jimin looks at our way and says, "You have met each other before?" By this time Jeongguk had taken a seat on the chair beside me. The scent of his cologne was clear... a mix of musk with a hint of lavender in it.

"Yeah Jimin we met few days back in the corridor... my handkerchief fell and he returned it to me..." Jeongguk says.

"And today you picked his spoon up for him... Guess it was a way of you returning the favor JK." Hoseok hyung says with a laugh. "I guess so..." Jeongguk joins Hoseok and then looks at me.

Don't look at me... or I will get lost again...

"By the way I didn't introduce myself. I am Jeongguk." He extends his hand towards me. I look at his hand and then at him. With slightly heated cheeks I accept his hand for a handshake.

"Kim Taehyung" I say quietly. He tilts his head and smiles at me. "I guess you don't speak much... That day also you did not speak up immediately..." He slowly takes his hand back making me whine internally at the emptiness.

"I -uh-"

"Yeah Taehyungie is a shy person at first... And you know what? I had to practically adopt him because he was really not speaking anything and now..." He laughs... "Just wait till he gets comfortable around you..." Jimin says and I just look at him with a small pout.

"Ohh" I hear Jeongguk say and nod beside me. There was a comfortable silence and we all start to finish our lunch. After every minute there were few talks exchanged between them, mostly Jimin and Yoongi, and I just listened. I got to know about Jeongguk...how he just shifted back to Seoul and wanted to become a singer, which clearly explained his addicting voice.

Soon the bell rings with all of us departing our ways and deciding on talking to each other frequently. We were bidding our goodbyes when I hear Jeongguk say, "It was nice meeting you Taehyung and Jimin... See you" And then he turns and walks away... The mere thought of having to face Jeongguk again made me nervous but excited.

What are you doing to me Jeon Jeongguk?

---------------------------

Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter💗
~Momo💜