Chapter 17

After a week of puddle cleaning, affectionate feeding sessions, and new toy purchases, the two women find themselves entrenched in their new routine. We see a now-dry Lyla sitting on the couch slumped over.

Justine leaves Lyla's room carrying a heavy laundry basket full of stained bedding. After starting a load of laundry down the hall, Justine returns and sits beside her sulking friend. "Alright princess, what did we discuss?"

Lyla sighs, she looks at the newly filled shelf of games and toys hoping for some escape.

Justine clears her throat which causes Lyla to stop her daydream, Lyla mumbles "If I wet the bed again this week we would talk about it.."

Justine places a hand under Lyla's chin and tilts her head up so the two can make eye contact, "And am I mad at you?"

Lyla looks at her roommate with puppy dog eyes and shyly says "No.."

Justine gives a playful smile back to her increasingly adorable best friend and replies "And are you in trouble?"

Lyla smiles as if stating the obvious "Noooooo"

Justine continues "Good, because you aren't. You remember that we talked about this with Doctor Taln on Monday.. for your bedtime and naps we are going to need to put you in diapers okay?"

Lyla nods in agreement but pulls away from Justine's hand so she can look back at the floor.

Justine stands up from the couch "I spent a lot of time looking into this over the last couple weeks and I think I found something you will like. I bought some cute diapers that I'm excited to show you. I think it might help make it more fun."

Lyla looks up with a scrunched-up face full of curiosity "How? Are they cute?"

Justine grins at the change of mood and heads into her room to retrieve the box "Well I have been learning over the last little bit that there are lots of other adults like you who need or want to wear diapers and they got tired of the bland white medical diapers so they made them fun cute patterns, wanna see?"

Lyla watches as Justine disappears into her room only to return with a large package "So I bought sample packs to see what ones you like. Before you look, I want you to know if you want depends or a more simple pull-up we can go right now to get them, but look at these first okay?"

Lyla nods and looks in the box to see large cushy rectangles with different colorful patterns, before she can start investigating them Justine interjects "I got 5 different patterns to start with and 2 of each pattern. Two patterns I found even matched your panties and I thought that was cute!"

Lyla smiles widely in anticipation, having the pattern match her underwear doesn't sound so terrible.

Justine slides the box over to Lyla and seconds later she holds up a thick diaper with cute little paw prints scattered all over it. She holds it in her hand and starts to squish it down, the crinkling sound bringing back some unspoken comfort. Lyla touches the inside of the diaper with her fingertips "It's.. it's so soft.."

Justine watches Lyla to understand how she is feeling It seems like she is taking an interest in them. Justine risks a meltdown by asking "Wanna try one on now? or wait until your nap?"

Lyla looks at the selection and then back to Justine "I could try it now if you want.. They look umm.."

Justine smiles lovingly back "They look fun don't they?"

Lyla nods while humming "Mmhmm"

Justine's heart swells as she goes over the next step with Lyla "Well princess pick one out of the box and I can go over the changing process with you."