Chapter 22

Justine walks to the feeding couch holding a warmed-up baby bottle, she calls out to Lyla who is currently on the floor "Alright cutie, let's set the puzzle aside for a bit. It's bottle time."

Lyla rushes to the couch and takes the bottle "Thank you!"

Justine warns her eager friend "Go slow okay? It's been a while, no messes please."

Lyla scoffs at that, it's a bottle? How could it go wrong? It's sealed at the top. She presses it to her lips and begins to suckle. Right away she isn't too pleased. The rubbery plastic nipple just gets in the way and slows her down, she mostly ends up chewing on it to get milk faster.

Justine looks over to see Lyla gnawing on the bottle as milk spills all down her dinosaur onesie, Justine exclaims "Hey hey! Focus on what you are doing hun! You're making a mess. Drink it normally please like a big girl please."

Lyla recognizes the technique from their day at the park, but it still makes her want to do a better job. After all, it's not like diapers and breastmilk affect her maturity. She is perfectly capable.

The diapered roommate continues suckling on the bottle until it's empty before pouting "Your boobs are better."

Justine laughs "Why thank you for the compliment, Miss Pouty. Now you have a few hours before Nessa is coming over. You need to drink one more bottle and take your nap. The quicker you do that, the quicker you get to play."

Lyla accepts the second bottle as if it's a challenge and begins chewing away, and after being scolded once more starts correctly suckling it down.

Post-nap Lyla has her playtime filled with a matching card game and a few conversations with her Axolotl. A behavior she picked up after talking to Vanessa about what her sheep would say to her.

Lyla flips over two squid cards, having won against her axolotl for the millionth time, she whines "Justineeeee will you play a board game with me before Nessa comes over?"

Justine shouts back from the other room "Honey I can't right now."

Lyla's boredom deepens as she flops over onto the floor "But why not? Nessa isn't here yet, and the house is clean."

Justine replies "Lyla I am getting ready for my date tonight."

Lyla softly mutters "Right..."

Shortly after Justine walks out of her room in a knee-length floral dress. She chose to do her makeup today and it's looking fantastic. Growing up, she used to wear makeup a lot more, but as she has aged, she has felt more comfortable in her skin and desired it a little less. Not to mention the fact that her old cycle of minimum wage work left little to no time for self-expression.

Lyla notices her, she really notices her "Wow.. you.. you look really pretty!"

Justine preens "Aww, thank you. You aren't looking too bad yourself!"

Lyla looks down at her pastel yellow onesie with pink bunnies, and her wet space-themed diaper poking out a bit. "I dunno if that's true.."

Justine walks over to her diapered friend and reassures her "You look adorable, especially now that we have you in a dry onesie huh?

Lyla crosses her arms "I don't like bottles, they are stupid."

Justine kisses her forehead "Noted. Okay, it's almost time, let's get your soggy bum changed, and then I think you should try to go #2 in the potty, okay?"

Lyla scowls, never a fan of this topic. "Why do I have to try? Normally I just go when I need to.."

Justine starts gathering her changing supplies while replying "And normally I diaper you back up after. Unless you want Vanessa wiping your potty-parts you need to be responsible and make sure we limit the diaper changes okay?"