Chapter 4

The day felt long. Esmé was exhausted from everything and wanted anything to lay down. Eventually after they had the movie and reset, the younger woman was grateful to go to bed.

Alma sighed and joined her in bed a few minutes later. "Hey honey, I'm so sorry about today." Alma apologized, and kissed her.

Esmé only hummed in response. She was laying on her side deep in thought as she processed everything. Her and Alma just got married and were on their honeymoon. They came home and were attacked. She killed 3 people. Eliza is leaving the home.

Alma hugged her and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "I love you." Alma whispered to her. "You're everything to me dear." Esmé leaned further into the older woman.

"I love you too." She says quietly. She didn't want to talk anymore. She just wanted to sleep, to forget everything. To hopefully not have to wake up and deal with all of this.

Alma held Esmé close, kissing her once in a while and humming softly. Esmé relaxed in her arms.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier." Alma says softly as she held the woman close against her, Esmés back pressed against the front of the older woman as she brought the covers over them both.

Esmé hummed and turned to press a small kiss to Alma's cheek. Alma smiled at this and held her closer.

The younger woman snuggled up close to her, resting her head under the crook of the woman's neck as Alma gently traced her hands across her back. Both of them weren't expecting some one to suddenly knock on the door and certainly weren't thinking it was Eliza.

Esmé was still in bed and Alma answered. When she saw who it was the younger woman flipped over so her back was to the door. She didn't want to get yelled at again.

"I'm sorry." Eliza says softly, her voice half giving out and Almas features softened as tears pricked the girls eyes. "I-I didn't mean to yell or say any of that."

"Oh honey." Alma brought her into her arms and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "It's alright. It's okay." Eliza cried into her arms.

Esmé couldn't take hearing her daughter upset and sat up in bed gaining her attention. She gently tilted her head with a comforting look as she motioned for Eliza to come over to her.

Eliza rushed over and wrapped her arms around her mother. She felt so bad for everything. Esmé held her close as the girl cried. Alma closed the door again and walked over, joining them.

"I'm sorry." She cried and Esmé gently shushed her as she rubbed her back.

"It's alright." Esmé says softly as she held her daughter close.

"I shouldn't have said any of that, mom. I'm so sorry." Eliza apologized again, hugging her tightly.

"I forgave you the moment you said it." Esmé replied.

"But-"

"Stop apologizing." She says gently and when Eliza pulled away, gently wiped her tears away, cupping her face in her hands.

"I love you so much. You're my daughter and I will always support you." Esmé smiled and kissed her cheek. Eliza returned the smile, her tears running dry.

"I'm not upset with any choice you make. Neither is your mother. We just worry about your safety, but I know you'll be just fine with Miranda." Esmé says softly with a small smile as she ran her thumb over her cheek.

"And I'd like a grand baby someday." Esmé chuckled softly. Eliza laughed a bit at that too.

"Someday." She smiled back and turned to Alma. "You're okay with it?"