After Party

Gotham|
July 3rd 1:30 EDT
Eden's POV

The party was . . . Interesting. I'm really don't go to parties enough but I know that mom is expecting me. She will pick up on the fact that I don't smell like a party, so the longer and more immersed I am the better my cover story will be. I got here at 11, and all in all it wasn't bad. I mostly hungout with Zoe and Noah. We danced, they drank. It was fun. Around 1:45 Morgan came and gathered all of us up to take us back home.

Me and Morgan where the only remotly sober people of the group. The others were singing drunken karaoke in the back seat. "How was your mystery activity?" Morgan asked. "Do you mean what was I doing, or did I stay safe and follow outing proticall?" She gave me a knowing look.

"It was fine, nothing extreme. I stayed in one location the whole time. There was only one person there I didn't know. It was cool."

"I'm glad." She paused for a moment. "You looked upset when you got to the party. Are you ok?" Oh that. I was still thinking about my mom when I got there. They really don't know much about me, and they don't push for answers.

"I was thinking of my mom." I let out a sigh. "I don't have the best relationship with either of my parents, but lately my mom has been trying to be better. And I don't trust her."

She nodes her head. "You don't talk about your family often. We kind of thought you weren't on speaking terms with them." I gave a have hated chuckle.

"I mean you not wrong. I am on talking terms with one of my older sisters though. But my oldest sister ran away when I was seven. My dad is abusive, and was kicked out of the house a few months ago when my mom got back from prison." Morgan's eyes went wide.

"Girl, you never told us!" She screamed while hitting me half-haszrdly. "No wonder you keep sneaking out of the house." I put up my arms to 'protect' my body from the hits.

We rolled up to a driveway in the suburbs. Though at some point in our drive the three in the back passed out. "I'll sneak Noah upstairs. You stand watch." I grab the sleeping boy from the back seat, supporting him over my arm. We walk to the back of the house where I climbed up on to the owning.

We have done this before so Noah knows that when I'm in position he is to lift up his arms so I can hal him up. The first time we  had done this was difficult, as Noah wouldn't cooperate. I spent 30 minutes convincing him to grab my hand after he spent 5 minutes fanboy-ing over the fact that I got up onto the porch cover.

I guided the boy along the roof towards his window, where I poured him into the house. I sat him on his bed, set his alarm, and put an ibuprofen and glass of water on the bedside table. I said my good bye and slipped out back through the window, flipped of the roof into the yard, and running back to the car.

"I still don't know how you get him inside do fast." Morgan mumbles as we drove off. We soon ended up at Otto's apartment biliding. Once again I graded the boy from the back waking him up. I lead him down the alley to the fire escape. I scale the walls and let down the ladder for Otto to climb up. We climb up 4 flights of stairs.

"You good?" I ask as he climbs through the apartment window. "Yup. See you later E." And with that he disappeared as well. I flipped and twisted my way down to the alley floor and once again returned to the car.

Our next stop was my stop. "We will see you late, right?" I nodded. "Ofcourse, see ya." When I was out of the car, Morgan and Zoe rolled away. With a deep breath I turned around and braced myself for entry.

As expected as soon as I opened the door mom came out from behind the corner.

"I'm home."

"I see that. Where were you? it's-" She stopped and looked at her watch. "2:43."
"I was out with some friends. And I'm very aware of the time." I could tell she was frustrated. She clearly didn't know what to do with me.

"Well, goodnight." I push past her and enter me and Artimis shared room. Artimis was already there. Her custom was half stuffed under the bed, along with her bow and quiver.

"You smell awful." My sister states as I flop down onto my bed. "I was at a party." She gives me a look of disbelief. "You, invited to a party. What happened to training?" Artimis is aware that I'm still continuing my training, though she doesn't know that I have a mentor. She sniffs the air again. "Where you drinking?" Ah yes there is the concerned big sister I know and love.

"Mom saw me leave so I hung out with some friends at a party after I was done. How was patrol?"

"Pretty good. No major injuries. Now go get changed. I'm going to bed." And with that the interaction was done, and so was my night.