The beginning of somthing different.

Gotham|
August 7th 14:00 EDT

Bruce's POV

The conversation I had with Paula Crock yesterday went better then expected. Eden addressed me as normal, even though there was someone else present. And didn't protest against me telling her mother. And if Oliver ever shows up, we will go talk to Artemis about joining Green Arrow as a protégé, as well as joining the team.

It's going a little too well. Last night Eden was very focused, and followed orders a little too quickly. She seems off. She hasn't said anything though, so unless I have more evedence I can't bring it up.

"I understand this is your domain and all but your more broody then normal, or is this the normal and you just like us so much it makes your softer." And there is my accomplice for the day

"Contemplating a course of action. Which I wouldn't be doing if you where here ten minutes ago like you were supposed to." I jump off the roof and walk up towards the house, ready to recruit one more person for our team of young heroes.

GA knocked on the door, and Ms. Crock greeted us. "Hello, please come in." We entered the residence, closing the door behind us.

"Are the girls here?" I questioned. "Artemis is, but Eden disappeared an hour ago." I nodded, I assumed to avoid us. soon enough the two of us were stated in the living room, as Ms. Crock called for her middle daughter.

The 16-year-old girl came bounding down the stairs. As her eyes landed on us she froze in her spot. "Artemis Crock, Green Arrow and I would like to talk to you and your mother about your career in heroism."

-Time-skip-

By the end of our meeting, Artemis accepted our invention to both the offers of becoming Green Arrow's protégé and joining the team. Paula, played it off as though this was our first meeting, and we went along with it. Artemis and Oliver exchanged contact info with each other, as well as a time to meet up tonight for patrol and backstory forging. And I handed a piece of paper with both Batman's and Green Arrow's numbers to their mother. With that, we got up to leave. Artemis walked us to the door, still talking with GA about statistics.

"This can all be discussed later. For now, Arrow and I must leave." She hesitated before deciding not to speak. It looked as if it was bothering her. With the fact that Paula had said that Eden disappeared, instead of going out, along with Eden's weird behavior last night, I took a guess.

"You have a question about your sister." She looked up at me with shock in her eyes.

"I was wondering, is Eden not a hero because of her condition? It's not because of our parents or you wouldn't be asking me to join." dose she really believe that I wouldn't help Eden become a hero if she wanted to due to her health issues? In all fairness, the girl is allergic to the majority of the things outside, and the asthma makes fighting more challenging.

"Not at all. Eden is permitted to start directed hero work at any time. She already has an alias if she so wishes to start. the only thing stopping her is her."

she nodes, being satisfied with my answer. "We must be going. I'll see you tomorrow." Oliver and I finally left.

"I still can't believe you have another Protege and didn't tell any of us. And is the real reason she isn't a hero because she doesn't want to? And what this about-"

"Enough. What I decide to do with my student, is my concern, not the League's. And I haven't told anyone due to her request." with that I took out my grapple, hoisting myself to the building tops, and left.

Downtown Gotham|
August 7th 14:30 EDT
Eden's POV

Batman and Green Arrow should be at the house already. Where am I, you might ask. That is a great question. I have no idea. I left the house at 1 trying to avoid being home when the heroes came, but in my wondering, I have come to a part of the city that I have never been in before. despite it being in the afternoon, it looks like it is at dusk. The streets smell of dust and mold, and as I'm allergic to both, it makes things so much better.

The occupants of the area look shady. And maybe it's my paranoia about criminal activity, but I'm pretty sure that those guns aren't available to the general population. I assume that this part of town doesn't get much company as I was getting a look of looks.

"What's a pretty little thing like yourself doing down here?" A greasy little man came hobbling towards me. Some of the others on the street started gathering around us, keeping their distance.

I audibly groan. "I so don't have the energy to mess with you dudes today. Could we reschedule, or better yet just not?" The man comes even closer. "Oh but baby I don't think you understand, you're in my world now. So what I want." His voice dropped. "I get."

He reached his hand out to grab my arm. "I claim self defiance!" I yelled out before I grabbed the man by his outstretched limb, and tossed him over my shoulder, slamming him in the ground. In that moment all the others in the street came at me. There was a decent amount of them, though they posed little threat.

Between punches, kicks flips, and dodging incoming attacks, I saw a curtain boy sitting on the rooftop of one of the shorter buildings nearby. "You know you could help. Isn't it like your job or something."

His signature Boy Wonder laugh rang out. "Nah, I'm good. Oh, Smile for the camera!" Rob showed that his gauntlet was recording my interaction with the thugs.

I finished up quickly, leaving about a couple dozen men lying on the floor, knocked out. "Um, so you do this whole beating up guys on the regular. What do I do now?" I nudged a man with my foot, making sure he was unconscious. "Was I even supposed to knock them out?"

Robin flipped off the roof landing beside me. "Congratulations on your first bad guy takedown. How you feeling?" I rolled my eyes and looked at him. He stared back waiting for my answer. "Starting to feel the aster. Now can please tell me what on earth I'm supposed to do now!"

He pouts for a second but answers anyway. "We need to tie them up with this." Rob handed me a role of capture tape. "Then we call Bat, and the cops. In that order." Both of us started tying up everyone on the floor. Placing the properly detained criminals into a pile.

Rob dusted off his hands before taping the com on his ear. "Hey B, the suspected members of the venom drug trade have been captured, with liable cause sending location now."

"WHAT! You were tracking them anyway and you just let me deal with it." I yelled at the boy, who was currently giving me a patronizing grin.

"Batman will be here in a minute max. So care to explain what you were doing in this part of town." I sigh and take a seat on the curb, knowing that with B on the way, there is no way I'm allowed to leave.

"I really didn't mean to. I was walking around, avoiding the house, and winded up here." Robin gave me a skeptical look.

"Really. I was bored and avoiding the house. I didn't even know where I am, or how to get back." He started laughing hysterically. "Oh, Batman is going to love this." I buried my head into my hands. This is turning out to be a very annoying weekend. And my allergies are causing my asthma to act up so now I can't breathe.

Yeah for me.