He got a clubhouse

Batcave|
July 10th 18:00 EDT

It's been a week since my last training session with Batman. I got a text from the man early Monday morning saying something came up and he would be busy for the next few days and training would resume on Saturday. So here I am, waiting in the Cave for B to show up.

The doors to the elevator opened and out step not Batman but Robin, in his day-to-day clothes instead of his usual red and yellow.

"Hey, Robbie." His face lit up. And he rushed over.

"Oh my goodness Sparr you wouldn't believe it. I'M ON A TEAM!" I gave him a look telling him to continue. "So on the 4th me KF and Aqua Lad defied orders and went off by ourselves to investigate a fire at the laboratory, an evil laboratory at that. Turns out they had more labs underground so of course we went down. Anyway, there were all these cool monster creatures they made that were running the place and keeping it off grid. Then we stumbled upon this experiment called Kr. Turns out they were trying to clone Superman. So we released the Clone, who looks like a teenage Man of steel. We got captured, and they tried to clone us too but Super Boy,(the clone) helped us escape. We beat up the lead scientists, who drank some potion to make him one of the monster things from earlier. And when we got back up to the surface the League was there and were like 'You're not doing this again' and we were like 'Yes we are and this is our new friend' and Supper Boy said 'Either get on board, or get out of our way.' So now Kid Flash Aqua Lad, Super Boy and I are a team along with Miss Martian, Martian Manhunter's niece. And we have a headquarters."

Robin was acting out parts of his tale and when he finished he turned to me for my input.

"So you're telling me you ignored direct orders put yourselves in danger, and got rewarded with now friends and a clubhouse?" I guess at some point during Rob's rant Batman came in.

"Not exactly," B stated. "But if they are insisting on going on missions it would be safer for them to be monitored by the league."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I want to be rewarded for ignoring you with a clubhouse." I got a famous bat glare and a chuckle from Boy Wonder.

"You can join the team, and get to use our clubhouse." Robbie offers.

"Yeah no thanks. I go legit, and B tells my mom." Bat doesn't even skip a beat. "Exactly. Now go get ready, we will be doing high-altitude training." Oh yay, my favorite. I absolutely love being suffocated by the atmosphere while I'm trying to train.

-time-skip-

3 hours later and I'm completely exhausted. After atmosphere training, We did one V two-sparing session where I was against both Batman and Robin. My breathing is causing my body to feel like it's on fire. "Oh, why do lungs exist." I pant out lying in the fetal position on the floor.

"Well for the majority of us who have them, they actually work," Robin says handing me my inhaler. "Doubts, serious doubts."

"Get cleaned up and go home. You're done for the night." Batman stood in all his caped glory over the two of us. "How do you go from here and first crime without dying." I more jokingly asked as I picked myself off the floor.

Batsy walked off. "I didn't spend an hour in an altitude chamber set for 15,000 ft practicing martial art moves, followed by ten minutes of sitting in the same altitude chamber at cruising height of 32,000 ft. Before even starting my sparing session"

Oh right, altitude training. "Go home, Eden. You've done well."

-POV-change-Batman-

Eden Crock. My second protégé. Daughter of Sportsmaster and Tigress. Sister to an assassin known as Cheshire. As well as a sister to the new vigilante who showed up in Gotham a few months back. She is the second deadliest 13-year-old I know. And as my son is the first I should know.

Three things make her a threat. 1.) She knows our identity. 2.) She hasn't decided what she will use her training for. And 3.) Noone but Dick and I know of her full skill level.

With the protégés starting their own team, do I encourage her to join? She would benefit greatly from being a part of a team and being able to learn fieldwork firsthand. To do so though I would have to inform her mother of her nighttime activities, as well as the Justice League.

and on top of this Oliver is taking an interest in Artemis's vigilantism. Being that both their main weapon is a bow.

"Everything good? Cause you don't look very whelmed?" Dick interrupted my line of thought.

"Whelmed?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He nods, flashes a smile, and weights for me to answer his concerns.

"I'm thinking about Eden. I'm not quite sure what to do with her. She is skilled and would make an excellent addition to the team." "Agreed" he interrupts again. "But," I point a glare in his direction. "she hasn't shown any interest in becoming a hero. And her vigilante sister has caught the eye of Green Arrow and The League. We are currently going about the process of approaching Artemis and their mother, and getting her the things needed to become a protégé to Green Arrow."

"So, the youngest Crock sister has your mind in knots as you're trying to find out how to get her to use her skills for hero-ing and not villain-re?" Dick summed up for me.

"That's about it. Now if we are going to do our 'hero-ing'," I say with hand quotas. "We better leave now."