ClayFace and Scholarships.

Gotham|
Aguast 27, 5:33EDT

I stand alone on the edge of a tall building. Cape billowing behind me, despite the lack of wind on this particular dark morning. I synced the presence of my mentor, landing on the rooftop behind me, silent as can be.

"I made it my solemn duty to protect this city and the citizens who reside in it. This is my responsibility as," I turn towards the man, revealing that my hands are contorted into the shape of his crow, and held over my face. "I am Batman."

The real Batman glared back towards me, with an exasperated dad look. He lets a silent sigh slip before continuing as if it didn't happen. "The team is here in Gotham, tracking down Clayface, we are here to step in if needed." He tells me why I've been called to his side. At 5:30 in the morning, I mind you.

The two of us stood in silence as we waited. Early mornings are typically very quiet, so we were able to give this our full attention. "school is starting up soon." Batman brings up. Usually, he ops for a silent stakeout, so he is up to something. "You attend Gotham North, correct?" Yup, he is totally up to something. "Do I even want to know why you are asking such things, or am I going to figure it out later?" He seems to be content with my lack of denial. "You will see soon enough," Batman said as we drifted back into our silence.

Not very long after the Team made their appearance in the warehouse and started the fight with Clayface. It wasn't the full team as Artemis was missing from the mix. The Team was losing, and badly. Their fighting techniques weren't the problem, but rather that they weren't organized. Batman didn't give the signal to intervene until all but Aqua Lad was unconscious, and the boy himself wasn't far off. The two of us jumped through the skylight. As I fell I threw exploding bird-a-rangs into the sludge. We both landed smoothly on the ground, as Batman shot his teaser, ending the fight.

The team started stirring and ClayFace was being detained by Batman. "Can I leave?" Being here amongst the team is making me uncomfortable. I mean this is my friend and sisters group and I'm not very eager to be a part of it myself. I got the dismissing nod from my mentor. Shooting my grappling hook upwards I disappeared through the broken skylight.

When I got home, I snuck in through the window of the bedroom, as I didn't really inform my mother that I had left earlier that morning. I wasn't even halfway through the window when our alarm went off. Artemis hit the off with a gron before turning in her bed, spotting me in my full getup sneaking in. She jumped back, now sitting up. "Good morning?" I offered a weak wave as I finished climbing into the room.

"Eden?" My sisters questioned. I rolled my eyes and threw my domino mask onto the bed. "No, it's Killer Crock. who else would it be?" come to think of it though this would be the first time Artemis would have seen me in my costume, as I usually keep it at the cave due to Batman's request. but now that he has what he has deemed enough spares he is less strict about me wearing my suit home.

My suit is a dark ashy gray, with grayish blue accents. My hooded cape was of the same dark gray color on the outside with a yellow interior. My Batman-approved utility belt, with the buckle being my emblem. And Black sturdy boots and gauntlets pulled the whole thing together.

(Visual of Sparrow's hero suit, and accessories will be at the end)

Artemis was observing my outfit as I brought out a case that B gave me to keep my suit in. "It looks very similar to Robins. does Batman have like suit requirements or," she trails off letting me give a response. "Not really, it sort of just happened. The first thing both Rob and I were taught was to always have our utility belt, com-link, and holo-computer, on us at all times, even before I was out on the field. And the black cape is kinda the Bat team's thing along with the mask. So between coms computer mask belt and cape, there is only so much you can add to a suit before stealth is lost." I removed all but the actual suit and placed it in the case before grabbing some casual where and changing in the bathroom.