00:6

DUKE KYZIER DENNIS
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK
MAY 3, 2023
6:38 P.M

"Whatchu want fa' dinner, huh? You wan' ta' make a pizza wit' daddy or you want ta' get some McDonald's?" Duke asked, as he walked hand in hand with Capri through Target, both of them holding a Starbucks drink in their hands.

She looked up at him, "What about ice cream?"

He shook his head 'No', "What typa' dad I'a be if I letchu' eat ice cream fa' dinner?"

Capri sent him a toothy smile, "The best daddy in the whole wide world! Duh!"

He brought the Starbucks drink to his mouth, taking a sip, "We'a jus' get McDonald's. You'a get some ice cream fa' after dinner? That cool witchu lil girl?"

She took a big gulp of her Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, "Only if it's cookies and cream."

He nodded, "You gettin' all jacked up on suga', huh? Yo' memaw ah kill me if she was wit' us."

"Memaw gives me sugar allll of the time. She just lies to you and tells you she doesn't. She told me it's because she wants to seem like the better out of the two of you."

"Yeah? What she be givin' you?"

"She gives me sips of her coffee all of the time! Then she gives me some Oreos before I go to bed with some milk—just how I like it."

Duke playfully smacked his lips, "She sabotaging yo' lil self. You kno' how short memaw is? Huh, lil girl?"

"She looks like the babysitter from Incredibles" She gasped, "especially when her hairs real short like it is!"

"That's gon' be you by time you twelve, short as yo memaw. She'a kill you if she hears you talkin' 'bout ha' wigs."

Capri let out a giggle before she took another big gulp of her Frappuccino, before she started to lead her dad to the back of the Target so she could go to the toy isle.

Looking at the selection in the isle, she saw one of those dolls where you feed it when it cries, change it's diaper when it cries and change its clothes.

She walked up to the dark skin doll that had the braids going down her back with beads at the bottom. The doll was wearing a baby pink and white polka dotted dress with white sandals.

She took it off the shelf and turned around to show him, "Daddy, I want this one!"

Powering his phone off and putting it in his hoodie pocket, looking at the toy, "Lil girl whatchu need a baby fa'? You ah baby, Aalore." He said, referring to her by her middle name like he did most of the time.

She playfully mugged him, "Am not! I'm close to being old enough to go to first grade."

"You wild. Ion kno' if I want ta' give you that ice cream." He joked.

She gasped, "Nu-uh. You already said you were. You can't just take it back now." She rolled her eyes.

"A-huh." He nodded, "You lucky I luh' you lil Aalore. C'mon 'nd let's go get the stuff fa' wings and fries tomorrow. That cool witchu?" He questioned, getting a nod in return from her.