Week 2 (2)

Coincidentally, Jonathan doesn't leave right after finishing his meal. Karlyle knows he has a morning schedule, but it's almost 11 a.m and he still hasn't left the house. Sitting in the living room, he's leisurely drinking his tea while reading the newspaper.

It takes Karlyle no time to notice that Jonathan is waiting to meet Ash. This is difficult. While he's wondering whether he should tell Ash this in advance, the doorbell rings. He checks the time. It's ten minutes earlier than the appointment time.

This is unexpected. He thought Ash would come right on time.

"I'll open the door."

Passing Karlyle who just came down the stairs, Jonathan walks to the door, giving Karlyle no chance to stop him. Karlyle hurriedly follows him.

"Father, you don't have to."

"He's going to be your spouse, of course I have to go out and meet him."

The word "spouse" makes Karlyle pause in his tracks. At that moment, Jonathan opens the door. The first thing that appears behind the door is a bouquet of red roses. Jonathan's eyes bulge wide in surprise. Karlyle catches him a second late.

Ash is holding a bouquet as bright as himself. Although the one opening the door is Jonathan, he isn't taken aback at all. Instead, he smiles and asks him for a handshake.

"Hello. I'm Ash Jones."

There isn't a slight bit of shyness on his face. Ash politely holds his hand out. Jonathan glances at Ash briefly then takes his hand.

"You can call me Jonathan. I'm Karlyle's father."

"Nice to meet you. Please address me however you like."

Ash greets him modestly. Then he turns to Karlyle standing behind Jonathan. He lowers his gaze to him and speaks refreshingly.

"Hi."

Ash greets him along with the flower bouquet. He can smell the vivid scent of roses.

"For you, Karlyle."

After shaking hands, Jonathan slowly takes a step back. Karlyle quietly stares at the bouquet in front of him. Except for graduation and entrance ceremonies, he has never received flowers as gifts. And colorful flowers like these are a first.

"....Thank you."

He doesn't hate it, he just feels strange. He's never thought he would be treated like this by the same Alpha.

"It suits you."

Ash says, looking at him in satisfaction. Then he turns to Jonathan.

"I'm sorry to have interrupted you, but may I borrow Karlyle for a moment?"

"Of course. Karlyle, let me bring the flowers in for you."

Having been momentarily frozen by the series of unexpected situations, Karlyle carefully entrusts the bouquet to Jonathan.

"Thank you, father."

Jonathan takes the flowers, then he smells it on behalf of Karlyle and smiles.

"Alice can be relieved now. Okay then, have a nice time."

Jonathan seems to like Ash quite a bit. As Jonathan mentions Karlyle's mother, Ash slightly frowns. But that only happens in a split second.

"Please leave Karlyle to me."

Jonathan leans against the doorway watching them. He must be waiting to see them off. Even when he took an Omega appointed to him by his grandfather to his graduation party, his father has never sent him off like this. This isn't Karlyle's first date, but somehow it feels like his first.