Chapter 9: Siege

What was once a calming night in Gongmen City turned into a sinister plot, as Lord Shen's armada was sailing down the rivers to set out past the harbors, blowing up a single bridge in their midst to prove that nothing stands in his way, to which Tigress calls Shen a 'coward' because he's desecrating his own city and terrorizing countless civilians to confide in his treasonous agenda, but it's also because she regrets that they didn't even try to fight back against Shen, they were already in the firm belief that Shen had succeeded in killing the Dragon Warrior.

Zen was slowly becoming conscious, only his right eye wasn't opening, that would be because his retina was swiftly cut by one of Shen's knives, his bad eye was really sore as he groaned and tried to move, but from what his intact left eye could see... he was shackled via acupuncture cuffs, and he sees both Shen and his uncle on this leading ship with himself in tow, as well as the Furious Five tied up just ahead of them.  Zen lightly whimpers from the pain in his scarred right eye, Zan's ears perk back and forth as he looks at his nephew and goes over to him, and tries to ease his nephew's pain, "Hey... just breathe, okay?  I've been where you are, kid... trust me...  It'll get better soon.  Just... try to hang in there."

Zan walks away, torch in hand, and stands by the cannon with Shen just behind him.  This all seemed so very bleak, and all Zen could do right now was just sit and watch this happen, until he saw something on the roof, and the Five did, too.  It was the Dragon Warrior...  What was he doing here?  It seemed like he was saying something heroic, but he was obviously too far away for any of it to mean anything.  Neither Shen or any of the other wolves in the armada could hear him from down here.

It wasn't until he was starting his way down, that he began to approach the armada to save his friends, very slowly, because of his way of getting down the rooftops. 
"Take aim!" Shen ordered the wolves, as they attempt to aim at the panda on the move with the cannon... but when the panda got them to point at each other, the wolves panicked and frantically told the ones across from them to not shoot and to put out the ignition, Zan immediately panicked and went, "Don't shoot!  Crossfire, don't shoot!!"

And then Shen ordered the rest of the wolves to attack head on, "Attack!!"
The panda fought them off valiantly, as he tossed one of their machetes to Monkey so he could free them, and then the heroes of the Jade Palace were free.  Zen watched on in a matter of intrigue, beginning to see why some, if not all of the citizens of Gongmen City have placed their faith in them.  But, it wasn't just the Dragon Warrior and the Furious Five... Master Storming Ox and Master Croc have entered the fray, as well as Master Shifu, who commanded them to use the ships to block the way.  Tigress and Po were both doing their part, to which Po tells Crane that he's up, Crane uses Wings of Justice to make the wind blow the ships against blockade of other ships.  The resisting forces against Shen's army are getting closer, and Shen shouts, "Why aren't we firing?!"
To which Zan replies, "They're taking out our gutters, sir!  They're getting close!"
Zen turns his attention to Shen and Zan, as Shen loses his patience with Zan.
"F-Fire at them!!"
This hurts Zan, as he didn't want to kill his own pack like this, as he apprehensively replied back in a sorrowful undertone
"But, sir... w-we'll kill our own!"
But the albino peacock wasn't having any of it, he wanted the opposition gone and turned to ashes regardless of his own men getting in the way, as he madly commanded, "I said, fire!  FIRE!!!"

Zan then clutched the torch in hand, and turned to his former friend, now turned tyrant and monster and threw his torch aside then said, "No."
Zen looked on in a shocked but also fearful expression on his face, he wasn't expecting his uncle to just stand up for himself like that.  However, that refute further made Shen go ballistic as he immediately threw his instantly drawn knives toward Zan, injuring him and making him fall overboard to, as Zen's eyes widened and shouted out.
"NO!!!"

Zen in a dithering rage charged Shen and whacked him in the neck from behind with his cuffs, which caused Shen to be distracted for a moment, but it was for nothing anyways, as Shen leapt onto the cannon, aiming at the Dragon Warrior and the others.  Zen broke away the acupuncture shackles, and jumped into the water after Zan, slightly before Shen lit the fuse, and Tigress pushed Po out of the way, as the cannon was fired and the Dragon Warrior, the Furious Five, Masters Croc, Ox, and Shifu were blown back along with the rest of the fleet of ships... but those other wolves on the frontlines were gone, reduced to ashes in the waters of the harbor.

Zen had managed to drag Zan out of the water and back onto land in Gongmen City, as Zen looked back to see Shen moving forward into the harbors of the city.  He growled, but soon turned his attention back to his uncle, as he had a melancholic look on his face.

"Zan...?"
Zen shook his uncle's body, trying to get him to awaken, but nothing was happening.  Zen panicked, and kept shaking Zan's half dead hide until...