5. Cupcake

"I guess sometimes we all get
Just what we wanted, just what we wanted"

Danish POV

Is it possible to like someone even without knowing them, I think I got my answer when I saw Cupcake, I mean Anvaisha walking wearing my T-shirt and looking gorgeous, even though it was ill-fitted on her. I liked it so damn much that I said cupcake instead of her name.

Although I like her name cupcake seems like it was made just for her. I was so lost admiring her that I didn't notice when I bid her goodbye, got home, had dinner, and even finished my assignment. I knew I could multitask but this was something else, I was totally out of it. I just can't seem to get her out of my mind. Her way of talking, how she was kind of embarrassed to take my shirt, how cute she looked when she said "Definitely friends", and she took my goddamn heart when she looked at me with those eyes. I can lose myself in her hazel eyes as a moth loses itself looking at the fire. It felt as if I was drowning in a sea made out of sunshine and her eyes were my lifeboat, keeping me from drowning. I know this all seems poetic but I cannot help myself but think about her like some long-lost artist who found his muse after searching forests and crossing oceans to get a glimpse of his definition of art.

 I know this all seems poetic but I cannot help myself but think about her like some long-lost artist who found his muse after searching forests and crossing oceans to get a glimpse of his definition of art

(Anvisha in Danny's dreams)

I thought of discussing this with my brother, but I think it's best to keep my known feelings to myself because he and Anvaisha were at each other's throats today. I don't know what bothered AD that he was fighting off her just like that. Let it be, let's not give much thought to that dumbass, I feel like he'll come around and like her more than I do. But just as a friend, lol.

Let's just concentrate more on the upcoming match, the assignments, and the exams, each one of them is important to me, especially the match. Now that I know that I am playing against the girl's team captained by Cupcake, I mean Anvaisha, God!!!!!!!!!!

Get a grip Danny will you just call her Anvaisha so that I don't slip up like today and accidentally call her Cupcake? She will think of me as some creep and I will lose her even without getting to know her.

Okay let it go, let's just sleep.

As soon as I closed my eyes, I drifted off to sleep but a pair of honey-glazed eyes kept appearing in my dreams.

It was a busy week until the match day. We had assignment submissions all week. early morning practices and evening study sessions. God, it gets so tiring sometimes but it's all worth the time and energy. The one thing couldn't do this week was to have a good conversation with Anvaisha or maybe have a small talk with her. But all I got was small hi's and bye's during and after the classes. But hey I kept getting a few glances other than that, like how she uses her thumb to play with the little ring she wears on her index finger or how she frowns a little just before sending the ball directly through the basket ( yeah yeah !!!! I may or may not have seen her practicing for the upcoming match, hiding by the trees near the court before my practice). So okay coming back to the point, I want to talk to her or ask for her number. Although we all are added to the class WhatsApp group, I want to ask her for her number, personally.