06|| pity party

mercurial: subject to sudden or unpredictable changes of mood

Superstar Sh*t - Dominic Fike

ZELIA MOORE

Someone was chasing me, and I couldn't seem to lose them. Every turn I took didn't waver their pursue, and the burn in my thighs was getting stronger. I wouldn't be able to keep this up any longer.

A cynical, dark laugh echoed around the hallways as I felt my foot slip, and I began to fall face first.I was falling, and there was no one here to catch me.

My heart rate picked up as I realised the mystery person had caught up and they were closing in. Sharp nails pierced my skin, and alcohol-laden breath circled the air.

The pain seemed real, and my head felt faint as I closed my eyes, trying to shut out the torment.

I was hanging on by a thread, trying to stay sane.

Tears began to drip down my face, and in an attempt to save the small amount of dignity I had left, I tried to wipe them away.

My hand fell away from my face, and looking closer at my hand,I realised blood coated the swirls of my fingertips.

I was beyond the point of merely panicking; instead, my fight and flight instincts kicked in. Admittedly, they were delayed, but nonetheless, they were there.

I pushed my hands forward in an attempt to push them off, but my efforts were in vain. I wasn't strong enough, and I never would be. A sceam pierces the heavy breathing of the monster still clinging to me.

The scream was coming from me.

It was like the fear evident in my plea for help had cracked a metaphorical glass box, suffocating me.

I was swimming in a cold sweat as I bolted forward. The dreams had come back.
My memories were guilty of not being accurate and instead gave me half-truths in the form of nightmares.

A ping from a notification shifts my focus away from feeling sorry for myself and trying to figure out why my past has decided to pay a visit now.The glare of my phone wiped away any sleep that survived the night terror that I had woken up from.

A text thread from Cyra and an unknown number were the sources of the noise.

Cyra was an early riser, and I wasn't the least surprised she was texting me even though we lived under the same roof. The unknown number is what intrigued me.

Opening the conversation, I skimmed through what had been sent so far between the two. A certain nickname caught my attention and told me all I needed to know about who was texting.
Alex had decided he would start calling me sunshine so that I'd hopefully adopt a sunny disposition over time. The stupidity of his theory made it entertaining, and when he began saying it, I didn't have the heart to correct him.

Other than the drama on his birthday, where he failed to tell me he had a devil in disguise as his best friend,his company was tolerable.

We were still doing a few more shoots together for a campaign, and Cyra had joined us for dinner the other day. Prolonged exposure to his energetic nature still tired me out, but after two weeks of handling it in small doses, I can grudgingly say he hasn't been half as bad as I thought he was.