TEN

𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝙸𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝟷:𝟸𝟺 𝙿.𝙼 𝙵𝙴𝙱 𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾
[𝙿.𝙾.𝚅 𝙹𝙰𝚇𝙾𝙽]

We sit together on the couch, the room filled with an air of anxious tension. I can't help but ask, "So, this is what you had to deal with before we got married?"

Rose takes a seat beside me, her expression marked by the weight of her worries. "Yeah, Lilly and I sat at home and waited for the call and prayed for the best," she says, her voice filled with the memory of the difficult times they've faced.

I look down at my hands, feeling somewhat helpless. "I'm sorry," I mumble, my words inadequate to express the empathy I feel for her.

Rose's hand finds mine, and she says, "Thank you for making this a little easier on me." Her gesture fills me with a sense of purpose, and I want to be there for her, to provide the support she needs during these difficult moments.

"Don't thank me, Rose," I whisper, and she smiles weakly in response. Her fingers gently squeeze mine, sending a thrill through me. It's a poignant moment, knowing that I can offer her comfort, even if it's just a shoulder to lean on. I can't deny the growing attachment I feel toward Jayden and Rose, and the desire to be a part of their lives.

As the anticipation continues to mount, Rose lays her head on my lap, her body curling up as she seeks solace and comfort. I reach over and retrieve a throw blanket, gently draping it over her to keep her warm. I then start to stroke her hair with tenderness, offering reassurance through my touch. It's not long before the soothing gesture lulls her into a peaceful slumber, and I sit there, silently watching over her, my heart heavy with the worry and hope that comes with our shared journey.

𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝙸𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝟻:𝟹𝟾 𝙿.𝙼 𝙵𝙴𝙱 𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾
[𝙿.𝙾.𝚅 𝚁𝙾𝚂𝙴]

As I gradually let my eyes flutter open, I find myself in a cozy, peaceful moment. I sigh softly, my head gently pressed against Jaxon's thighs, my hair spilling over the edge of the couch. In this serene morning, the room is bathed in soft, diffused light, and a comforting calm fills the air. Jaxon is still fast asleep, his breathing slow and steady, the rise and fall of his chest making for a tranquil sight.

I can't help but smile as I take a moment to admire him. In this vulnerable state, he appears even more handsome, his features softened by the slumber that holds him. His dark hair falls over his forehead, and a sense of warmth envelops me as I gaze at him.

I gently lift the blanket off me, tucking it around him to ensure he remains warm and comfortable, then make my way to the kitchen. Today is a day that's heavy with anticipation and worry. Jayden will be in the hospital for a while, the doctors promised to reach out once it's over. The weight of the unknown lingers, and my thoughts are filled with anxiety and hope in equal measure.

In the kitchen, I decided to prepare a simple meal. The sound of sizzling tomato sauce and the aroma of garlic bread fill the air as I work. Spaghetti and garlic bread seem like the perfect choice for a quiet, nourishing meal for two.

𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝙸𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝟼:𝟸𝟹 𝙿.𝙼 𝙵𝙴𝙱 𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾
[𝙿.𝙾.𝚅 𝚁𝙾𝚂𝙴]

I carefully set up the plates on the dining table and make my way into the living room. There, I find Jaxon still peacefully asleep, his raven-black hair slightly tousled, casting shadows over his eyes. A gentle smile tugs at my lips as I watch him, a sense of warmth washing over me. I can't help but admire the way his serene features contrast with the everyday chaos that life often throws our way.

Sighing softly, I reach out and rest my hands on his shoulders, the contact rousing him from his slumber. He stirs, emitting a quiet, contented groan, and I can't help but feel a rush of affection for this man who's become such an important part of my life.

"I have dinner ready," I mumble, my voice hushed and filled with genuine care.

"You didn't have to," he yawns, his voice laced with a mixture of gratitude and sleepiness.

"I wanted to. I had to get Jayden off my mind for a second," I admit, my words tinged with vulnerability.

"Still no call?" Jaxon inquires, his concern evident in his eyes.

"Nope, nothing yet. I'm nervous," I confess, my worry making my words tremble slightly.

In response, he rises from the couch and steps closer, his hands finding mine, offering comfort through his gentle touch. His fingers intertwine with mine, and he squeezes my hands, a silent reassurance that I'm not alone in this. The simple gesture sends a wave of solace through me, making me realize just how lucky I am to have him by my side.

"Do something for me?" Jaxon asks softly, his eyes filled with understanding. I nod, eager to do anything that can help me find a moment of peace amid the turmoil.

"Close your eyes," he whispers, his voice a soothing melody in the dimly lit room. I obediently shut my eyes, trusting him to guide me through this moment of respite.

"Take a deep breath with me," he suggests, and I follow his lead. Inhaling slowly through my nose, I can feel his warmth radiating from his presence, grounding me. Jaxon's hands gently squeeze mine, creating a connection that transcends words. As I exhale, releasing the tension that has built up within me, I feel a weight lifting off my shoulders.

"Is this helping?" Jaxon inquires, his lips brushing against my ear, a soft and intimate gesture that sends shivers down my spine.

"Yes," I murmur, my voice barely audible, but filled with gratitude. His nearness and his calming influence are like a balm to my frayed nerves, and I can't help but revel in the peace that washes over me.

He sighs, and his body seems to meld into mine, creating a cocoon of safety and affection. My head instinctively finds its place against his chest, and I take another deep breath, absorbing the soothing rhythm of his heartbeat. He continues to rub my back, his touch gentle and reassuring, as if he's silently promising to be there for me, no matter what.

At that moment, I can't help but realize just how lucky I am to have Jaxon in my life. This connection we share is unlike any I've experienced before. He understands my needs, respects my boundaries, and offers unwavering support when I need it most. It's in these quiet, vulnerable moments that I can truly see the potential for something beautiful to blossom between us, and I'm beginning to understand that I may have found a love that's worth waiting for.