FIFTEEN

𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝙸𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝟸:𝟺𝟹 𝙿.𝙼 𝙼𝙰𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝚝𝚑 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾
[𝙿.𝙾.𝚅 𝚁𝙾𝚂𝙴]

I'm startled by the unexpected knock on the front door. Who could it be? I don't know anyone in this town, and I'm certain Jaxon wouldn't have invited anyone over while he's not home. My heart flutters with anxiety as I cautiously open the door.

Before me stands a police officer, his expression serious and eyes filled with a sense of duty. He addresses me with a solemn tone, "Are you Rose Fawn?"

I nod, a growing sense of unease tightening in my chest. "Yes, that's me. Can I help you?"

The officer hesitates for a moment before delivering the devastating news, "We're here to inform you that Jayden is being taken and placed with his biological father."

I feel my heart drop, and panic starts to rise within me. "Wait, what? You can't do that!" I exclaim, my voice quivering with disbelief and fear.

"Sorry, ma'am," the officer replies, his tone sympathetic but unyielding, "but it says here that you're barely nineteen."

I'm trembling now, my words weak and laced with worry. "I've raised him with my father. You can't take him away from me."

The officer's words hang in the air, a heavy cloud of despair settling upon me. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but you've been served. Frank Murphy is fighting you for full custody of Jayden Fawn."

With those words, the officers turn and walk away, leaving me standing in the doorway, shattered and overwhelmed with the threat of losing my child. The emotions surge within me, an overwhelming mix of fear, anger, and heartbreak as the harsh reality of the situation sinks in.

𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚔, 𝙸𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍, 𝟺:𝟸𝟹 𝙿.𝙼 𝙼𝙰𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝚝𝚑 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾
[𝙿.𝙾.𝚅 𝚁𝙾𝚂𝙴]

Jaxon rushes inside as the weight of the situation begins to crush my spirit. I stand up, my eyes brimming with tears that are ready to fall at any moment.

"They didn't even let me say goodbye," I whisper, my voice choked with grief. Jaxon wraps his arms around me, offering the comfort of his embrace, and I bury my face into his shoulder, sobbing uncontrollably. "Frank can't have my baby, Jaxon. I can't do it."

He rubs my back soothingly, his touch providing a small measure of solace. "We will fight back. We can do this," he reassures me, his voice filled with determination.

"But how? They're so rich, and I have nothing to top that," I cry out in frustration, the odds stacked heavily against us.

Jaxon's grip tightens, and he offers a glimmer of hope, "I have a friend. His name's Jayce. He heard what happened and offered a lawyer. We're going to be fine."

My heart aches with a longing to see my baby, to hold him one more time. "I have to see my baby," I whisper, my voice filled with urgency.

Jaxon takes my hand and leads me out to his car. We get in, and he starts the car, the engine humming to life. As we pull away from the house, I can't help but feel a mixture of dread and hope, determined to fight for Jayden, My child. The road ahead is uncertain, but with Jaxon by my side and Jayce's help, we'll do everything in our power to keep our family together.