The Realization

What type of ironic timing was this ? Both Natsu's duo and Lucy's team carriage both stopped at the same time in front of the guild.

As soon as they both exited, they caught each other's eyes and Lucy couldn't handle the sight of him any longer and quickly headed back into the crowded guild, she hoped that she can blend herself into the crowd. She hoped that he would search for her.

"Luc-"

Gray quickly stopped his best enemy, giving him a dark glare. Gray was giving Lucy the time she needed, was this correct thing to do though ?

"Natsu, leave her alone until you get your thoughts together."

Without another word from either of them, Gray entered the guild again to see his number one fan waiting at the entrance, all ready to greet and congratulate him on his work.

"Good work, Gray-Sama! Don't leave without me ever again!" Juvia pouted and happily locked her arms with Gray's annoyed ones.

The other two females from Lucy's side spared the other silent two a few glances before stumbling back into the loud guild.

Lisanna stayed silent as she knew what Lucy felt for Natsu. She felt the same after all.

Natsu seemed to have snacked his energy away. It was about night time and the male, along with his kitten, was napping in the almost empty guild. This was usual for him to sleep at such a place but today, it was a bit later than usual. Lucy wasn't there to wake him up.

"Natsu, wake up."

Luckily, Mirajane noticed that he was still loudly snoring here. She was staying a back a bit later than usual as well, trying to clean up the mess left behind by the guild's party today.

"Lucy!"

Natsu seemed to have shout out randomly, he was still half asleep after all but the woke up with a jerk and quiet stare at his surroundings.

"Lucy? ..What about Lucy?"

Mira was anxious to hear Natsu's explanation on this but Natsu quickly apologized to her, grabbed his partner, and dashed out the guild.

Maybe Mirajane even knows about what Lucy thinks.

"Does he even know what he did to her..?"

Why did he have to be here, late at night ? Natsu was now right in front of Lucy Heartifilia's apartment. He took his sweet time, thinking about Gray's words and about his mistakes. He realized the basic things he has done but he still doesn't understand. He needs Lucy's side of the story.

Not sparing another second for another thought, he pressed his finger against the doorbell. Lucy, on the other hand, opened the door without thinking.

"Who visits now-?" Lucy complained.

"Lucy, can we-"

With the simple sight of Natsu, Lucy reacted by slamming the door in his face and pressed her back against the wooden door, frightened to even look the other in the eye. Don't even talk about talking to him.

"Lucy?!"

"No.." Lucy shook her head in oblivion, in blind refusal. Tears wanted to burst out of her chocolate eyes; tears of rage and jealously. She really didn't want to face the other right now, it was too painful to even spare a glance at him.