𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

『𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐝..』

Widow stirred in the bed, attempting to find a comfortable position

Widow stirred in the bed, attempting to find a comfortable position. She patted the spot beside her, only to realize that Gwen was no longer there. A sense of curiosity and mild concern crept in, and Widow softly called out, "Gwen?" But there was no response.

Widow looked around the room, confirming that Gwen wasn't present. Shrugging off the absence, Widow's craving for a cappuccino took over. She decided to get up from the bed and make her way downstairs to the kitchen.

As Widow moved through the living room, she noticed spider web hammocks, yet none of her fellow spider-powered companions were resting in them. This struck her as odd. "Where is everyone?" Widow wondered to herself as she continued on her way to the kitchen and switched on the kettle, her senses heightened and alert, pondering the mystery of their whereabouts.

Startled by the footsteps behind her, Widow acts on instinct and hurls a pair of scissors toward the source. The figure deftly dodges, and the scissors embed themselves into the wall. Widow's eyes widen as she realizes her mistake.

"Oops, sorry Gwen," she apologizes, a chuckle of embarrassment escaping her. Widow couldn't shake the feeling of unease that washed over her. She observed Gwen's lack of reaction when the scissors were thrown, and the blank expression on her friend's face struck her as odd.

"Gwen?" Widow called softly, cautious as she took small steps toward her. However, as she approached, Widow heard something behind her. She swiftly turned around to see the window swinging open seemingly on its own. Raising an eyebrow, she walked over to the window and closed it, her curiosity piqued.

"Well, that was weird," Widow muttered softly as she turned back around to face Gwen. But to her alarm, Gwen was no longer there. Widow raised an eyebrow in confusion and turned around once more, only to find her eyes widening with fear as the unsettling mystery deepened.

Widow was confronted by a nightmarish sight. Standing before her was Gwen, but it was far from the Gwen she had been with earlier. This Gwen had ashen skin, disheveled hair, and blood smeared across her face. A gaping, bloodied hole in her chest oozed and dripped crimson.

Widow's heart sank at the gruesome and terrifying vision before her. As Gwen spoke, her voice was distorted and distant, asking, "Why didn't you catch me, Widow?"

Widow stood frozen, her breath caught in her throat, her mind racing with fear and confusion, grappling with the surreal and horrifying encounter that had materialized before her.

Widow took a step back, her eyes locked onto the nightmarish visage of Gwen, tears threatening to spill from her own eyes. Her voice trembled as she asked, "Wh... what?"

Gwen's unsettling words echoed, "Why didn't you catch me? I thought you loved me..."

Tears welled up in Widow's eyes as she desperately stammered, "I... I do. I do!" Her entire body shook in fear and distress, the horrific encounter pushing her to the brink of despair, questioning the reality of the situation and struggling to comprehend the nightmare unfolding before her.