Adrien's Love Interest

On Marinette's birthday, Adrien and Nathalie made a special visit to the bakery to pick out some pastries for Gabriel's event later that day. When they reached the bakery, Sabine was thrilled to see Adrien and Nathalie, and she greeted them with a warm smile. Nathalie then asked Sabine if Marinette could come downstairs, and Sabine called up for her to come down.

Marinette went downstairs to see what her mom wanted, and she saw Adrien and Nathalie sitting in the lounge waiting for her. Nathalie then asked Marinette if she wished to design for the Agreste brand with Gabriel and Adrien. The offer took Marinette aback, and her face froze, not knowing what to say. "Why me?" she kept asking herself in her head.

Nathalie informed Marinette that Adrien had recommended her to Gabriel because Lila had lied to Gabriel that she could design. Gabriel needed someone who could design to take over the Agreste brand, and Adrien had suggested Marinette. Marinette was amazed and couldn't believe Adrien had recommended her to Gabriel. She said yes, and Nathalie asked her if she had anything that she had intended to show Gabriel.

Marinette was ecstatic and ran to her room to grab some of her designs for Gabriel. Nathalie noticed that it was Adrien's exact size and asked Marinette how she knew Adrien's size. Marinette said it was just a lucky guess. However, Marinette had a secret crush on Adrien and had measured him once during class while he wasn't looking.

After Nathalie left the bakery, Adrien decided to stay behind with Marinette. When Adrien went upstairs to hang out in her room, he stumbled across Marinette's Chat Noir PJs that she had made. Adrien complimented her skills and asked why Chat Noir was not Ladybug. Marinette replied by saying she had always admired Chat Noir and his bravery.

Marinette and Adrien then began playing the same game they played during the tournament. Marinette beats Adrien in every match they play together without breaking a sweat. However, Adrien is sweating a lot, trying his best, and still losing. Even though Marinette was going easy on him, Adrien could tell she was going easy on him so he would still have fun even when losing.

Still, Adrien was having fun just hanging out with Marinette. In the last round, before he was going to leave, he couldn't concentrate on the game because he was busy admiring Marinette from the corner of his eye. Adrien's heart was racing as he realized he had feelings for Marinette. He was emotional and couldn't wait to tell her how he felt about her.