Chapter Fifteen

(Barry's POV)

The text from Nora happened to be a pleasant surprise as I sat at work, counting down the minutes until my date with Caitlin. I was waiting on my evidence to process as I made my way through a rather large stack of cases that had been accumulating. I was working at a normal speed too. The distraction was nice.

Nora Allen//8:37am: Dad! I have a date with Alyssa Carter!!!

Nora Allen//8:37am: Wrong dad! Your contact even says Barry Allen instead of dad and I still managed to text the wrong person.

I smiled. She was definitely my kid. I was starting to notice the little pieces of her that were purely Caitlin as well. It made my chest warm.

Barry Allen//8:38am: It's alright. Congratulations on your date.

I made a mental note to ask Dawn about this Alyssa girl, but Nora seemed to be very happy about this so I would be happy with her. My phone went off again, pulling me from my musings. I unlocked it, expecting to see another text from Nora. I was surprised to see Caitlin's name instead.

Caity Frost//8:40am: Should I wear the blue dress or the gray dress?

There was a photo of her in both dresses attached to the text. I took the time to look at both before a thought came to mind. I went to her contact information, there was no photo for it. Maybe it was time I changed that. Before I had a chance to change it, my phone went off again for the third time this morning. Why was I so popular all of a sudden?

Iris West//8:45am: Still on for four?

I didn't feel bad for ignoring Iris in favor of shooting off a quick reply to Caitlin. I changed her name and contact photo while I was at it.

Beary//8:47am: The gray one, for sure. It's up to you though, wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Caitlin wasted no time in replying.

Mrs. Allen//8:48am: What a gentleman. I also like the gray one. See you later!