Chapter Thirty-Five

(Barry's POV)

"Everyone remembers the plan?" I asked. I was in my suit, standing in the middle of the lab, the girls' were standing on either side of me. Cisco, Caitlin, and Iris were behind the desk. Joe and Cecile were with Ambres at the station.

"Yes." Iris gave me a nod before looking at Cisco and Caitlin who nodded back.

"All good on our end." Cisco agreed. "Just bring him in, Flash."

"I'll do what I can." I nodded. "If things go south, do not come for me. Just keep Nora and Dawn safe."

"Okay." Caitlin nodded, though she didn't look happy to be agreeing to it. I knew I could trust her to have both girls' best interests in mind. I would be fine, the girls' didn't need to get hurt though.

"Alright, let's do this." I said, lifting up my cowl to cover my face. I raced out of the room and to the storage unit that Ambres had given us the address to. It didn't take me long to find Orlin, just as he was opening up his unit too.

"You're early, Ambres." He said without turning around. I sighed. Here we go.

"Not Ambres." I said, holding my hands up when he whipped around. He was glaring at me, sans mask.

"Where is she?" He snapped, peering around as if he was looking for a way to escape.

"She is safe. We don't want her or anyone else getting hurt." I said, taking a small step to him. He moved fast, shoving me back against the storage unit behind us. I held my hands up where he could still see them.

"What do you want then, Flash?" He growled out. He slammed the dagger into the unit door behind me.

"I want to offer you a cure." I said, keeping my tone even.

"Why would I take your cure when I can keep ridding this earth of meta scum?" He asked, shoving me back against the door harder.

"Because Grace is a meta now." I told him honestly. He screamed, pulling the dagger out of the door and pointing it at me.

"Don't lie to me!" He hissed. "She isn't one of them!"

"She is. Ambres noticed it just last week. The wound in her head started glowing due to the dark matter that had built up in the shrapnel piece lodged in her head." I explained, keeping as still as I could. "Ambres didn't tell you for fear of how you would have reacted."

"She can't be." Orlin said, looking down at the ground and shaking his head.

"Orlin," I started, keeping my movements slow as I carefully pulled back my cowl. "We can help you create a safe world for Grace to wake up in, but if you keep at what you're doing, she is going to wake up scared, wondering when her last day will be because someone out there is murdering people like her."