I felt your pain

"Hey!" The boy who saved Miles calls out, "Hold up."

He runs over to Miles, who was walking over to the bathroom. Miles stops and turns to him with a tired smile, "Yeah?"

"The name's Andrew, I'm sorry about my cousin. He's real stupid. Here, let me walk with you to the bathroom."

"Cool, and it's okay. It was partially my fault anyways."

"Wow, dude, you look absolutely fabulous! I've never seen someone so well dressed, except well, you know, the injuries."

"Thanks, you're not too bad yourself."

"Thank you, but you've one this show, you've got such good taste."

"It wasn't my design. My.... Gwen helped me pick it out actually."

"You must really care about your girlfriend, hey?"

Miles chuckles as he wipes some blood off his nose. "Can I share a secret with you?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"She's not my girlfriend."

Andrew's eyes go wide, "Now, I'm confused, what?"

"I like her, a lot, but we are not official. We're very close friends though. But, yes, I really do care about her."

"Ah, I see. That's nice."

"You got someone special in your life?"

"Yeah, I do." Andrew sighs dreamily, before snapping out of it. "So, what you going to do now. It might not be wise sitting alone anymore."

"I am going to ask my parents if I can go home.. I stayed up real late last night, plus this fight. You can imagine how drained I am."

"Oof, yeah. No worries I get it, hopefully your parents will understand. What were you doing last night?"

"Oh uh I was uhm working."

"Working?"

"Yep, I have a...security job, and last night I was unexpectedly called in."

Andrew looks sceptical, "That's an interesting job." His phone buzzes and he looks at it. "Ah, I need to go now. My dad needs me for his...business. But can I get your number? You are a cool guy, man."

"Sure!" Miles gives Andrew his number, than they both leave the bathroom. They split up and Miles asks his parents for permission to leave. They agree and he goes back to the bathroom, puts his suit on, tries to put his mask on, but it was very sore, so he doesn't, and swings out of there.

At home

"When he climbed through his window, Gwen wasn't there. He took off his suit, chucked it in his cupboard and walked into the lounge. Gwen was sitting on the couch.

"So, how'd the beating go?"

Miles turns to her, she wasn't looking at him, so how'd she now he got beaten?"

She looks up at him, "It's hard to sleep, when it feels like someone's punching you in the face."

"Huh?"

She stood up and touched his face, he flinched and backed away. "Please don't touch it, it's real sore."

"Miles, I felt your pain."

"How?"

"I don't know, but I did. Who beat you up like this?"

Miles sighed, "Some guy at the wedding, his name was Jose."

Okay, you need to explain this to me, Bud, cause I'm very confused."

Miles explained the whole thing, but he didn't mention that everyone there now thinks Gwen's his girlfriend. He told her about Andrew, Jose, Rosita and Rosita's dad, who he later figured out's name was actually Uncle Rafael. He also told her that everyone constantly complimented his outfit and that she did a very good job styling it."