I can't lose him too

"And that's what happened."

By now Gwen was pacing. How'd she get here so late? Maybe if she hadn't changed she could have been here in time. Maybe if she hadn't gone to Miles, she could've stopped this. No! Don't think like that Gwen! This isn't Miles' fault. It's your own.

"Gwen, I know this is a lot to take in, but we should go. Those monsters could come back at any minute now."

Gwen nods her head and Jimmy continues, "We could go to my place, I have a couple things we could do to distract you from this situation."

"Distract me?"

"No, not like that. I meant get your mind off this."

She looks at him, "No, no, I meant like-"

"You done?"

"Yeah, sorry."

"Actually, I should get back to Miles. His dad is a cop, maybe they can help me."

"Let me come too!"

"Uhmmm." Gwen looks like she was about to say no.

"Oh please, Gwen. Mr. George is like a father to me."

She finally agrees, "Okay, let's go." They leave the apartment and walk down the street.

"Yes, now I'll finally be able to see where this 'Miles' lives. I can warn him not to hurt Gwen or else." Jimmy thinks to himself

With Miles

When Gwen left, Miles got up and changed. He decided to put his suit under his clothes, just in case Gwen needed his help.

His parents walked through the front door and called him. Miles nervously smiled, "I'm real sorry about earlier on Mom and Dad. He–"

"It's alright Miles," Rio smiled, "It happens to all of us."

"Yeah, just don't let it happen again, kay?" Jeff says sweetly.

"Sure, Dad."

The family settled down and spoke about the day. Miles yawned, tonight he was going to sleep like a baby for sure.

Around 20 minutes later, there was a frantic knock on the door. Jeff went to open it to reveal a frantic Gwen and a confused looking boy next to her.

"Miles, I think it's for you." Jeff looked concerned she didn't look like she was okay.

Miles walked over, when he saw Gwen looking like a lost little girl afraid of world around her, he immediately let her in. He noticed she had an acquaintance with her, but he wouldn't question it right now.

"Wanna talk?" He asked, she nodded, but looked absolutely bewildered as if this was the first time she'd ever seen him.

"J-jimmy, tell Miles' Dad what you told me, maybe he can help us find him."

Jimmy nodded an slowly went over to Jefferson. Miles led Gwen to his room, cause it looked like she wasn't able to make her own legs move.

He closed the door and she covered her face. "Oh Miles....I got there too late. And now I've l-lost him. I can't lose him, Miles! He is my only parent left, my mom's gone, my brother's gone, Peter's gone, even my cousin's aren't anywhere to be seen. Who knows if they're still alive. I can not loose him!!" She was pacing again.

She was trying her best to hold herself together and stay strong. She didn't wanna be weak, she couldn't afford to be weak.

"It's not you're fault, Gwen."

She stopped walking and stared at him, How'd he know what she was thinking?

"W-what?"

"It's not you're fault, I don't know what happened to your dad, but I can tell you. It is not you're fault."

She wiped her eyes, was he seriously suggesting she couldn't have seen it coming? She couldn't have stopped it before it happened?

Suddenly everything around her went dark, her world slowly started caving in. This was her fault! He was saying that to comfort her. He didn't even know what happened, how could he say that? She was spider woman for crying out loud! She should've seen it! She protected her dad! It was her responsibility and...and.

She felt warmth, she started seeing color again, and she took in her surroundings. Miles was right behind her now, he embraced her in a hug, in an attempt to comfort her, even if just a little bit.

"Don't beat yourself up because of what happened. It really could've happened to anyone."

"Y-you wouldn't understand." She tried to push him away, but he was too strong for her.

"Gwen, I'm probably the only one who understands you right now."

A small sad chuckle escaped her lips, wow he really was using her own words against her.

"Let it out, I know you need to." He whispered. his voice was so gentle, so unbelievably kind considering she had just come and burst into his evening and probably ruined the rest of his night.

She turned around and sobbed into his shoulder, "I... I'm scared, Miles."

"I know you are, Gwen, anyone would be." He held her tighter.

"Let me help you find him, we could go on a swing tonight, and see if we can find him. How does that sound?"

At this point, she was sobbing too hard to really manage to talk to him, so she just nodded her head.

They stayed like that for a couple minutes, and then she broke the hug.

"Miles, you didn't get any sleep last night. You didn't even sleep this morning. I can't let you stay up all night helping me find my Dad. Are you crazy?"

"It's okay, I don't mind. I'll manage, I always do."

"No, I won't let you."

"Gwen, please let me."

"No, Miles, I can't do that to you." I care about you too much, she wanted to say but kept her mouth shut.

He finally gave in and she said she needed to take Jimmy home.

"Thank you, Miles. Even though I declined you're offer. It still means everything to me." She waved and left.

After she'd left he smirked...she had no idea what surprise was awaiting her tonight.

Ohhh what do you think he's doing? Sorry for posting so late btw, school and exams....it's been tough, really tough. Also I know it's short; so my deepest apologies. Anyway I'll do better after the holiday.

Stay incredibly weird, bye!!!👋

1021 words