Khan Liji School

Scanning over the city, Spiderwoman sighed. Was this really what her life had come to?

After convincing Miles to stay behind, Jefferson walked into the room. He had constantly apologized to her and said he'd do everything in his power to try and find George.

She then dropped Jimmy off at home, suited up and swung around the city.

She hadn't spotted anything sus so far. Just a couple attempts at pickpocketing and stealing. Which she stopped of course.

She heard a thump behind her, when she turned around, she saw Spiderman. She frowned and he nervously chuckled.

"I know what you're thinking. It's not what it looks like." He held his arms up in defense, "I-I slept just like you told me to. For the past 3 hours and then though....my Spidey sense went off, so I decided to see why and... I wasn't tired?"

"Miles, don't lie to me." She looked back at the lights that shone in the city. "I should've known you wouldn't listen to me though."

"I found a lead...for finding your dad I mean."

She turned around eagerly, "What did you find?" She asked as he pulled his mask up. The made eye contact. It lasted for a couple moments before he looked away. "I heard this guy on the street. Went in to investigate. He spoke about a "majestic Rino, one that sounded like he wasn't from here."

At first, I didn't take it as anything, because Rino is in jail. But then someone who was just standing close by pointed out that rhinos don't speak. The first guy was angry– don't think he realized there were other people listening–he took the other guy and killed him. I heard a gunshot and saw the last guy bleeding on the ground.

Gwen's eyes widened before narrowing in concentration. "He must be a part of the gang. Was he just talking out in the middle of the street?"

"No, it was in a warehouse. The third guy must've been a nosy worker or something."

"So, then Rino must be involved." She said as her gaze turned back to the city lights.

"Yeah, and I found this as well." He throws something at Gwen. She looks doubtful, "A belt?"

"Not just any belt," he turns the belt over in her hands to reveal a sticker, "Kan Ligi's School."

Kan Ligi's School was a place where people from the ages of 13-23 were allowed to come and learn karate. What was weird about this place was that no one had to pay money really. You wouldn't pay the headmaster, Chan Luu, with money, but with your service. Kids would clean the gym or come with equipment or something. 20 years after it started running, it was shut down. Turns out that Chan Luu's way of service was stealing stuff for him. He made children turn into criminals. He was arrested but escaped prison. People suspect he is dead, but no one really knows.

"So, what's important about that?" Gwen asks, Miles looks at her with a lot of patience in his eyes. "That warehouse was cleaned out thoroughly three days ago. So, whoever dropped this...."

"Must've dropped it recently!" Gwen said excitedly. Maybe there was a chance that they could crack this case. She looked so hopeful that Miles couldn't help but smile.

"Also, this is a black belt," he snaps out of the daze she had put him into, "and the date of the sticker says 2022. So, this was last year. That could mean Chan Luu is not really dead but working under wraps."

She hugs him tightly, "Oh Miles, what would I do without you?"

The hug surprised him, he slowly wrapped his arms around her, trying to think of a joke to crack.

"Not know anything about Kan Master's School."

She chuckled weakly, "Let's go!"

I know this chapter is short. I promise I will start doing a lot better. I am finally out this writer's block. This story will carry on! With even better writing cause I have definitely improved.