I

[Year: 2021 (PAST) Age: 10 y/o]

Upon stepping out of the car, I gazed up to see a 3 story; what looked to be a mansion, Victorian home. The police had already told me what happened, but I didn't know what it meant since I am still very young. The kind lady gently pulled my hand out of the vehicle and slid me out onto the pavement. I had never been out of my home before, and I didn't know how to feel about the outside world. My parents always spoiled me, but I would never go outside, as my parents said; "You're such a beautiful girl that the world won't be able to handle it the way we can," I never understood this quote, but I did know I was gorgeous, my parents and maids reminded me at every point of the day they could fit it in.

The building was dull, the appearance of your average orphanage I would add, but something about it just made it look beautiful to me. I wouldn't know if it was the architecture, colour or just the way it was placed on a fine hill, but I liked it. The lady pulled my hand a little and reminded me to follow her. We walked up some small steps and she unlocked the door to the home. Inside were about a dozen kids sitting around playing, walking, or just sitting around. To my left was a dining room, some kids already sitting there as if to claim their seats incredibly early whilst some just stood chatting in the arch to said room.

To my right was a little playroom where a few kids were playing house, 3 were playing dress-ups and one was just sitting in the corner chin in hands. Ahead of me was a grand staircase, with a long red carpet lining the middle and a clock hung on the wall at the stairs. I felt the ladies small tug and we walked upstairs. There were a few more kids roaming around but majority were downstairs. We got to a three-way hallway.

The left had a sign called "Misbehaviors" The sign indicated that that was the bad kids' side of the orphanage. The right had a sign that said "Dormitories" indicating that was where the others went. Right in front of us was a sign with a slightly different font reading "Mrs. Louise Office." Mrs. Louise must be the head of the place. I hope she's nice.

The lady I was with, opened the door to the room in front of us and guided me inside. We went inside and I took in the room; pale red (almost pink) walls and wood paneled flooring like the rest of the house. There was a slightly elevated area in the office, where on top was a desk facing the door with a lady sitting in the chair of said desk. The lady I was with pulled me up the small steps to where the desk lies. On the desk was the lady's laptop, pens, paperwork, coffee mug and also a little metal prism that said, "Louise B Jamile - Head of Chancellors and Orphanage."

The lady sat there looked in her 30s but looked like she had an alcohol problem or something like that. The woman with me tapped a few times on the desk of 'Louise' which got her attention. Louise looked at me with an eyebrow and then a dead stare. She looked nice and gentle until she gave you a stare. Her eyes grey and her hair more brunette than an almond. She scoffed at me and sipped her coffee. She then pulled out a clipboard and looked at me again,

"Name?" She asked me. "Amelia Bennett" I said, my voice sounded like a sweet little girl, but my shy tone made it seemingly adorable. The woman wasn't fazed and looked at me again. "No middle name?" She asked me quickly. I shook my head 'no'. "Age and Birthdate? Parents? Old Address? Why are you here? Expectations?" She began rapid firing multiple questions at me at once. "Um 10, April 15, 2011. Austin and Cleo, *insert address in some rich place*. My parents got into an accident. I just want to make friends..." I tried to answer all of her questions, but she didn't seem impressed.

She seemed to look at everything about me. My hands in front of me holding each other trying not to shake at my side. "Do you think I'm an idiot, Bennett?" Sweat started forming on the side of my head making me nervous. The lady looked at me in disgust as if I were the devil's child. "Get this pest out of here, looking at her makes me sick." The lady covered her eyes with one of her hands.

I felt a tear fall from my eye after hearing her call me a pest. "To the right?" The lady with me who I had learnt from their conversation earlier was called Beatrice asked Louise. "Yes. And make sure to put it with that obsessed rat and the little migraine, it's easier if they're all together" Louise snarled at Beatrice, who gave her a small nod. B then dragged my arm out of the room pulling me to the door and out of the room. I tried to walk, but she just pulled me harder. Tears falling down my cheeks as I noticed we had walked down the "Misbehaviours" Corridor. I tried to tug myself off of her, but she wouldn't let go.

We eventually made it to a room where I got a glimpse of the number which said #7. She unlocked the door and pushed me inside, which I immediately fell to the floor. A few seconds later the door slammed shut and locked. I lay panting on the floor of hardwood, when I felt someone's hand on my side shaking me. Why was I in a room with a bunch of bad kids?! They'll murder me in here. That's when I noticed someone's soft voice talking from behind me.

I pulled myself into a sit where I faced the person behind me. A girl about the same age at me, looked at me in concern, her green eyes looked at me in pure 'woah' look when I turned around. She had ginger hair which were currently tied into a messy bun and fair skin that went well with her hair. On her left eye was a dark red scar, that looked like it hadn't been there for too long. She wore a blank black t-shirt and some jeans. I moved myself from my sitting position and adjusted myself with my knees in front of me.

There were 4 others in the room including the girl next to me. 2 boys and 1 other girl. Well one of the boys were sitting on their bed and looked very depressed. The other girl was sat in a corner by a mirror in a chair, and the other boy was looking around the room for something. The girl near me crawled over to me obviously for an introduction.

"Hii! I'm Lindsey Parkers, nice to meet you~" she said shaking my hand forcefully. She made a silent apology for her hyper activeness. "I'm uh Amelia" I said with confusion still. How was this super nice girl in a bad children room? Well guess that's to find out huh? "Okay Millie! You don't mind me calling you Millie, right?" I shook my head; Millie made me sound innocent as hell. I mean it's true I wouldn't hurt a fly.

She took my hand and led me to the first boy I noticed. "This is Mason. He never gave us his last name and we hope he finally opens up one day. His past is kind of grewsome so let's move on..." She explained and pushed me away from the boy. She dragged me over to the other girl I saw. "This is Martin, and before you ask, he's trans." Martin smiled at me as the other boy comes over with a pair of scissors. That explained what the other boy was doing but didn't explain how any of them were in here.

"And last but obviously not least is, Ash. He used to cut peoples hair for them here and he's basically a professional until he was found out by Mrs. Louise. So, this kid got sent to the life detention zone because he cut some peoples hair amazingly. I watched as Ash cut Martin's hair. It looked like careless cuts but then it became a masterpiece. When it was over Martin basically jumped on Ash hugging him. The short hair did fit him I will say.

Now that I had all the introductions done, Lindsey looked at me with a small smile. "So, tell us about yourself, Millie!" She said and Martin and Ash turned from their hug to listen. "Um well, I don't know why I'm here..." Lindsey cut in immediately, "Not why your here I mean about you!" Oops, "Well I come from a rich family, and I was named as a blessing when I was born." The room fell silent when I said that which startled me a bit. I looked at Lindsey who was looking elsewhere. The other 2 were looking behind me, so I turned around. The boy who Lindsey said was called Mason, had sat up from his bed and was staring at me. "Hi..." I tried to ask him, he just stared at me which scared me. He then stood up, making the others in the room gasp a bit. He moved forward a bit and just looked at me.

He was a bit taller than me, so I had to look up when he came to me. In a husky moderate voice, he spoke to me, "What's your last name?" The room was filled with more silent gasps. Clearly this boy had never talked to anyone upon arriving here. "Erm, I'm from the Bennett family?" I then noticed he began crying and he pulled me into a tight hug out of nowhere.

(Hii, never made a story like this hehe)

(1692 Words)