VI

I I I I I I I I I

After Mason was dragged out we all just stared and watched him get dragged out. Lindsey leaned on the door, already cleaned of fake tears. "What the fuck, Lindsey??" Martin said, defusing the silence. Lindsey stared at me for a few seconds; her eyes dull and empty, I felt like I could see every one of her memories just my the look. I blinked and looked away, she kept staring. "I want to talk to Millie alone." Ash and Martin looked from her to me steadily. They looked at me as if it was my fault and it made my skin crawl. Ash nodded slightly and dragged Martin out of the now dull room.

Lindsey closed the door as they left and we stood in darkness. A shuffle of footsteps came into hearing range and I could feel Lindsey's aura in front of me. The light from under the closed door let me see her features in front of me. Her eyes empty but willing to cry, she had walked over to me and stared. She looked as if she was regretful of things and really needed a hug. So that's what I gave her. I pulled my arms from my sides and put them around my friend. She jumped onto me when I hugged her knocking me to the floor. She sobbed into my shirt and I held her for comfort.

I sat on the wooden floor cross-legged, with Lindsey in my lap crying into my chest. I felt her arms wrap around my back and fall to my waste. I wanted to ask her SO badly one why she got Mason in trouble, and why she got so angry at him. It felt wrong to ask her, but deep down it felt "right". Her grip on me tightened causing me to gasp a tiny bit. She moved herself literally into my lap. She sat on my lap, arms around my waist and legs now behind me as well. I could already feel the wetness from her tears on my shirt, going through and hitting my skin. Lindsey held me tighter and I sat and let her cry.

After about 5 minutes of sitting like that Lindsey stopped crying, but stayed in the position we were in. "Are you going to tell me what happened?" I don't know why I said that so suddenly but I did. I guess. Lindsey sighed and herself around my lap until she faced side on to my front. It looked like I was cradling her, because that's what Ash thought among opening the door too soon... He walked in, stopped, then immediately leave. "I'm sorry," Lindsey muttered. "It was an outburst, I don't even know why it happens with him only." Lindsey looked down at her knees- which were also in my lap. Her eyes filled with lies, I could tell my how she looked down. She was hiding her true emotions and feelings.

"I never told you about my past did i?" She began. She hadn't ever, I barely know anything about her except her basic likes and dislikes. Like how she enjoys spaghetti but absolutely hates cheese. Or how her favourite colour is surprisingly orange. I wouldn't be surprised that it's orange as it matches her hair pretty well. "My past is a bit of a touchy subject to me, but I feel like I need to tell someone." Her voice was still and somehow not shaking over the 'sensitive subject'.

"It's okay, you don't need to tell me." I wanted to comfort her and let her know that I don't need to know if she isn't completely sure but she had other ideas. "No. I need you to know." Her voice went from nervous to as flat as when someone dies in the hospital. Her expression showed pain and bad memories, I don't want her to have to live alone with those type of secrets. "Back about a year ago, I had a boyfriend named Justin. I loved him of course but everyone around me sensed something off with him." She began. By her small explanation, I didn't like the boyfriend already. "Justin and I were even closer than me and my best friend Liv. Which made her angry. Justin asked me that night if I loved him enough to do anything. And I mean anything."

There were many things she could say next. But the ideas that popped into my head didn't match up with why she'd have attacked Mason. "I told him I loved him so much, I'd do anything for him to believe that. So he told me that Liv had been plotting against me for a few weeks now," Lin sighed and took a few breathes before continuing. I brushed her hair with my hands to help her calm down. I felt a warm on my hand at her her head. She grabbed my hand and brought it down between us. She held my hand and I held back, interlocked now she continued talking, "He told me to follow him somewhere, we went and I found my best friend there. She was confused and so was I but Justin had other plans. He shut the exit to where we were, which looked kinda like a shed." A shed? Oh, is this what's going to happen? Lin's grasp on my hand tightened a little bit and I used my thumb to rub him the back of her hand to settle her, at least a bit.

Lin explained to me on how Justin forced her and Liv into submission where he then tossed Lin a knife. To where he forced her to kill her own best friend. This event caused her to develop PTSD which traumatized her ever since. She also explained how her parents abandoned her here at the orphanage because they didn't want a murderer daughter. Justin was later killed in a hit and run incident a few days after the attack had happened.

*Knock Knock*

Both me and Lindsey noticed someone knocking at the door. It was probably just Ash or Martin coming back to see if we had killed each other yet. Lin went to the door to see who it was. My heart dropped when I saw who was outside. "Oh um hi, is Amelia here?" Carlo's voice said. He couldn't see me from the angle he was at, (because of the door) so I just moved myself further from the door. I couldn't see Lin's face from where I'm standing but I'm guessing it was confused. "And who are you again?" Lin questioned Carlos. I did not want them two finding out about each of our relationships. Even though none of us are that close, Carlos knew about Lin from the camera video and Lin had never seen him in her life.

"I'm Amelia's friend, Carlos" I could just tell that Lin's eyebrow was raised at this. She turned her head to where I was before and turned back. "Hold up, if your friends why do you call her Amelia?" Lin asked. Shit. I don't really know why this is a problem but if Carlos exchanges my behaviour with him then Lin will notice somethings up. "Why wouldn't I call her Amelia? It's her name and it suits her" Carlos said. Did this man just read my mind of everything I don't want him to say?? Next thing ya know he's gonna ask about the recording or some shit like that. "Wait I recognize you..." He said, OH COME ON!! Now i was both confused and scared since he was going to say something about the camera, but how did he say that right after I thought how bad that would be.

"How do you recognize me, I've never seen you before" Lin was looking for answers, answers I specifically didn't want her to know. "Oh did Amelia not ask you about last night? I thought you were dating or something." Lin turned my away again, this time she saw my hiding spot. I shaked my head 'no' and she turned back to Carlos. He looked to where Lin had looked but couldn't see me. "Yes she talked to me and to make it clear, we are just really good friends." I could hear the pain in her voice when she said we were just friends.

Even though it was true that we were just friends but she did like me a bit more than that. It must've really hurt saying that even though it was her feelings to me and not mine to her. Lin crossed her arms and glared at Carlos, it wasn't her murderous glare but instead was an annoyed one. She seemed to have figured something about him and had put the pieces together on also why I was hiding. "What is your relationship with Millie?" She asked. I had dreaded this moment the moment I had changed around Carlos. Carlos smirked and stepped into the room, far enough in that he was in direct sight of me. I hid behind the shelf I was behind and decided to just listen.

His smile confused me, what would he say? "Me and Amelia are very close, shes probably told me more things than she has with you. Besides I bet she's never talked about me," Carlos closed the door to the room so that eavesdroppers couldn't listen in or so that if a fight broke out neither could escape. He clearly had never seen Lindsey fighting before because she can 100% beat him up. This also means I'm stuck inside. "You didn't answer my question." Lindsey was beginning to get angry. If this conversation didn't get better someone will get hurt.

"What do you think our relationship is? You've never known about me, and your clearly lying about being together or at least one sided." Carlos was smarter than I realized. "I'd say that you like Amelia but she doesn't like you back. Well guess what, you can't have what's not yours." This side of Carlos weirded me out. From the small frame of view I had to watch, I could tell Lindsey was mad and Carlos looked as if he didn't believe she could do it.

Lindsey's fist clenched but didn't move. Carlos laughed at her anger and looked my way to where I was hiding. "Amelia, 'dear' come out from behind that shelf" Carlos said beckoning me out. I stiffened at this and didn't move. "She's not your 'dear' Mr Careless." Lindsey said folding her arms again. Carlos rolled his eyes and walked over to where I was at. He dragged me out and to the conversation. "Which of us would you rather be with, Ame?" Carlos' actions were really freaky so I moved closer to Lin. "So you are together then? What will happen if I tell Miss Louise about this? Will you be seperated or punished." He began laughing, no wonder he got into this orphanage.

He's psychotic.
(1845 Words)